Mini-Droid for Slicing and Computers

By Slicerness, in The FFG Website

I'm playing my first game with a small group of people and my character, A Gank Bounty Hunter is... pretty much purely combat as far as his skills go. While I really shine in any kind of combat scenario, either on the ground or in space, I feel fairly useless when the game focuses on anything else since I know my skills just don't support me doing much without failing hard enough to make things worse. I can Coerce people fairly well, and I can Pilot incredibly well for someone who has no Piloting Class Skills, but I was hoping to get my hands on a small droid that has a very high Computers skill, so I can do a bit of hacking when I'm not in combat. My ideal mental image would be the little Id9 droid Iden from Battlefront 2 has, but resources for this game are... frustratingly hard to get my hands on, much less understand.

Does anyone know if something like that exists? All I can seem to find are Remotes, which SEEM like what I'm looking for, but their skill levels are way too low to be useful.

On ‎8‎/‎9‎/‎2018 at 6:15 PM, Slicerness said:

I'm playing my first game with a small group of people and my character, A Gank Bounty Hunter is... pretty much purely combat as far as his skills go. While I really shine in any kind of combat scenario, either on the ground or in space, I feel fairly useless when the game focuses on anything else since I know my skills just don't support me doing much without failing hard enough to make things worse. I can Coerce people fairly well, and I can Pilot incredibly well for someone who has no Piloting Class Skills, but I was hoping to get my hands on a small droid that has a very high Computers skill, so I can do a bit of hacking when I'm not in combat. My ideal mental image would be the little Id9 droid Iden from Battlefront 2 has, but resources for this game are... frustratingly hard to get my hands on, much less understand.

Does anyone know if something like that exists? All I can seem to find are Remotes, which SEEM like what I'm looking for, but their skill levels are way too low to be useful.

Just out of curiosity was this post meant for the Edge of the Empire forum?

Is there not a slicer in your group? Also when you make a character an everything character you risk diluting who the character is and just make it a swiss army knife avatar. Also, failure is interesting. Bad things are what drive stories. I always try to play up the negative events that happen to my character with as much enthusiasm as the bad stuff. After all this game isn't really about winning, it's about the journey.

Edited by Archlyte