Power Tokens Among Multi-figure Groups

By XCcamel, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Was playing through a campaign, and the question came up if 'Jax' could use Jarrod's power tokens, or if Riot Troopers can have two power tokens each, and if their tokens could be shared between the group?

2 minutes ago, XCcamel said:

Was playing through a campaign, and the question came up if 'Jax' could use Jarrod's power tokens, or if Riot Troopers can have two power tokens each, and if their tokens could be shared between the group?

Power tokens are on a per-figure basis and not a per-group basis, so in short:

No, Jax can't use Jarrod's tokens

Yes, Riots can have two each

No, tokens cannot be shared within a group

5 minutes ago, ManateeX said:

Power tokens are on a per-figure basis and not a per-group basis, so in short:

No, Jax can't use Jarrod's tokens

Yes, Riots can have two each

No, tokens cannot be shared within a group

That beggars the question, can you give companions Power Tokens?

Why would you, you may say?

Everybody already has too many tokens. Ko-Tun kinda makes this a commonality^

Yes, companions are figures in every way except by their listed exceptions, and they can gain and spend power tokens.

8 hours ago, a1bert said:

Yes, companions are figures in every way except by their listed exceptions, and they can gain and spend power tokens.

ah man, i lost a game of skirmish because i thought i could not Quick draw Selacious B crumb with Jyn, as i thought companions were not considered figures. He ran through my figures with their one health left each and i lost major points.

16 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

ah man, i lost a game of skirmish because i thought i could not Quick draw Selacious B crumb with Jyn, as i thought companions were not considered figures. He ran through my figures with their one health left each and i lost major points.

I mean, if Sal was what did you in, I'm not totally sure you were as close to winning as you think you were...

(Joking, I still don't know anything about skirmish)

4 hours ago, subtrendy2 said:

I mean, if Sal was what did you in, I'm not totally sure you were as close to winning as you think you were...

(Joking, I still don't know anything about skirmish)

oh... is he that bad? it was a close game

14 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

Eh, I'm just yankin' your chain.

I have no idea what he's like in Skirmish.

14 hours ago, Spidey NZ said:

He's fine, but that extra point may be better used elsewhere. As you can probably guess by his small stature it dosen't take much to drop his Hp to 0 as he has no defense die.

Salacious B Crumb

(He is useful for guaranteed damage, but the little guy is slow. Try to use him as a little assassin to defeat weakened enemies- or to attack enemies who have many defense dice. (Vader, At-St's, and etc.)

He isn't currently used in the meta but that doesn't mean you cant use him for fun. Nobody thought the Ugnaughts would be a force in skirmish until the little piggies started shining.

Also, judging by this

He ran through my figures with their one health left each and i lost major points.

I'm not sure he was played right? Swipe is kinda cool, but it can only be used once per round.

Swipe is once per figure per round.

Still, a companion needs to spend 2 movement points to enter a space with a hostile figure, so Salacious can at most make one figure suffer 2 damage (activating in the same space + Scratch) and another figure 1 damage (Speed 3, need 2mp to enter that figure's space) (or vice versa), or alternatively 4 figures 1 damage each (activating in the same space, then 2 move actions for 6mp, entering spaces of adjacent figures for each 2mp spent).

If the opponent has Salacious, you should not leave a clump or string of figures for Salacious to move through.

Ah, I see, I misread that as Sal being the figure, but this makes more sense.

Yeah, that's actually not too bad at all for 1 pt, assuming you can actually manage to pull it off.

thanks for the discussion, and the opponent has to use an activation to kill him, otherwise he becomes an annoyance