By Imperial Decree, Scorpion Control Toshi Ranbo

By Manchu, in L5R LCG: Lore Discussion

5 hours ago, Schmoozies said:

The flaw with this argument is that based on when it will happen in the story (after the events of "Tiger Stalks") it may not be seen as the Emperor making a decree, it will be the new Regent Shoju, and so as a power play for the benefit of his clan against the other two.

To be fair, since we don't have an actual fiction yet confirming when the Toshi Ranbo decree is made, it technically could take place prior to "Tiger Stalks".

That said, how nuts would it be if both edicts are announced the same day?

Edited by Kaito Kikaze

That would be a case of inauspicious timing.

A bit of a necro, here, but do we yet know the name of the person the Scorpion put as governor of Toshi Ranbo? If so I've missed it, but it'll be useful for my scheming...

18 minutes ago, ColdObiWan said:

A bit of a necro, here, but do we yet know the name of the person the Scorpion put as governor of Toshi Ranbo? If so I've missed it, but it'll be useful for my scheming...

Yep, don't recall offhand where it's confirmed (think it's been mentioned a couple times in more recent fictions/the recent Scorpion clan letter), but Bayushi "The Honest Scorpion" Yojiro was placed in charge of Toshi Ranbo.

Awesome. Thanks!

On 6/10/2019 at 12:38 AM, ColdObiWan said:

The Crab letter for the 2019 Kotei mentions Bayushi Yojiro is in charge at Toshi Ranbo if you wanted another source.

On 6/9/2019 at 6:57 PM, Kaito Kikaze said:

Yep, don't recall offhand where it's confirmed (think it's been mentioned a couple times in more recent fictions/the recent Scorpion clan letter), but Bayushi "The Honest Scorpion" Yojiro was placed in charge of Toshi Ranbo.

Was it also confirmed in the epilogue of the Scorpion novella? It's been awhile since I read it but I think I remember it that way.

Nah it was in the clan letters post novella I believe