Do Talismans and the Raft Count Towards the Carrying Limit?

By Zombieboy23, in Talisman

Do Talismans and the Raft count towards a character's Carrying Limit?

Yes, both the Talisman and the Raft count towards your carrying limit.

MattyHelms said:

You can't carry a Raft........

akuma508 said:

MattyHelms said:

You can't carry a Raft........

Yep sorry, Akuma is right! Raft is not taken as a possession, don't know why I thought that this morning?

So, Talisman, YES, Raft, NO.

Q. With the new rules for building a Raft in the Forest or the Woods, does the Raft become one of your Objects until you use it on the following turn? In other words, it becomes your Object and counts towards your Object limit until the start of your next turn. If this is the case, can another Character take the Raft from you if they defeat you in battle or psychic combat (they can keep it until the start of their next turn)?

A. You are correct on all accounts.

This answer comes directly from John Goodenough at FFG.

In other words guys, the Raft should be considered to be just like any other Object in the game, apart from the fact a character may only keep the Raft until the start of his next turn. The Raft possession rule was deliberately removed from the revised edition of the game.

Cool - that's what I suspected. Thanks all!

Oh god I was right all along?!

Why must this game be so confusing!?

Thanks Ell!

So in summary,

Any character acquiring a Raft, takes the relevant Adventure or Purchase Card and places it with his other Object Cards (the Raft still counts as an Object towards a character's carrying capacity). A character must decide whether or not to use the Raft at the start of his next turn. Regardless of his decision, the Raft is then placed on the Adventure Discard Pile or back with the Purchase Cards if bought or built with an Axe.

However, between a character acquiring a Raft and then using it on his next turn, the Raft may be taken by another character defeating him in battle or psychic combat, the Sorceress beguiling him or the Acquisition Spell targeting the Raft.

I also though the raft is placed on the square, and then sails off. So, If another character lands on the same square, they can ride the raft with another characters on that squre.