Toshi Ranbo Kotei Series - The Official Results

By Duciris, in Legend of the Five Rings: The Card Game

11 hours ago, Tabris2k said:

Imperial Advisor put together an article that list every card unlocked by each role.

I think it can be useful so you can see what your role gets you at a glance.

Can I also offer you the Role Cards tab on my Spoiler Workbook ?

3 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

Can I also offer you the Role Cards tab on my Spoiler Workbook ?

Funny enough, there’s a link to your spreadsheet in the comments of the Imperial Advisor article, and I already visited. I just thought the IA list is easier for a quick glance, with the images and all.

7 minutes ago, Tabris2k said:

Funny enough, there’s a link to your spreadsheet in the comments of the Imperial Advisor article, and I already visited. I just thought the IA list is easier for a quick glance, with the images and all.

Wow, that's kind of cool! Thanks Ed Ostling.

The listing from before gencon indicates seeker of fire as the unicorn's top choice, but afterwards it is keeper?

Isnt keeper better for unicorn though, as it allowd them to pit more bodies o the table, which is what they are aiming for?

I havn't really played for real since PAXU, i dont really know whats good or not. I just kinda want to play seeker. Even more self-centeredly, I want my vote to win lol

2 hours ago, codegnave said:

The listing from before gencon indicates seeker of fire as the unicorn's top choice, but afterwards it is keeper?

It is possible they unified to vote Keeper of Fire at GenCon. Unicorn attendance has been low at most koteis. There was a moderate increase in Unicorn attendance at Houston and GenCon. If the top three choices going into GenCon were barely ahead of the bottom four, it is quite possible a unified front brought any role to choice number one.

5 hours ago, GM81 Protocol Droid said:

Unicorn attendance has been low at most koteis. There was a moderate increase in Unicorn attendance at Houston and GenCon.

Not very surprising, given how weak Unicorn was until the second cycle. And with a Fire role, we can Unleash the Djinn!

While I like the options available from having both a Keeper and Seeker role there's a good case for Unicorn to go double Keeper at this stage - mostly Talisman of the Sun and Keeper Initates. Keeper of Fire is what the majority on the Unicorn Facebook group wanted, or at least the majority of those attending GenCon. Feast of Famine is stupid good but in my experience Unleash the Djinn is not and it will sit useless in hand against any deck with dishonor pressure.

14 minutes ago, BCumming said:

While I like the options available from having both a Keeper and Seeker role there's a good case for Unicorn to go double Keeper at this stage - mostly Talisman of the Sun and Keeper Initates. Keeper of Fire is what the majority on the Unicorn Facebook group wanted, or at least the majority of those attending GenCon. Feast of Famine is stupid good but in my experience Unleash the Djinn is not and it will sit useless in hand against any deck with dishonor pressure.

I actually think Unicorn are one of the best positioned clans to take advantage of it actually. They have a lot of understated for cost characters that benefit from the blanket set effect (especially if they are running Force of the River to fuel Cavalry Reserves) and with Yurts they can very easily offset the honor loss. I suspect a Uni/Crab build using Reprieves for Cavalry Reserve/Charge targets and Rebuilds on Yurts may be something to watch out for.

4 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

I actually think Unicorn are one of the best positioned clans to take advantage of it actually. They have a lot of understated for cost characters that benefit from the blanket set effect (especially if they are running Force of the River to fuel Cavalry Reserves) and with Yurts they can very easily offset the honor loss. I suspect a Uni/Crab build using Reprieves for Cavalry Reserve/Charge targets and Rebuilds on Yurts may be something to watch out for.

That's what I've built. It seems the logical way to go.

3 minutes ago, HamHamJ2 said:

That's what I've built. It seems the logical way to go.

When you think about it 3 Reprieve, 2 Rebuild and 2 Watch Commander is exactly 13 Influence.

3 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

When you think about it 3 Reprieve, 2 Rebuild and 2 Watch Commander is exactly 13 Influence.

I believe I'm running 3 of Reprieve, Rebuild, and 2 Hiruma Skirmisher.

Watch Commander in a deck where you plan on using Yurts for honor seems iffy.

Edited by HamHamJ2
3 minutes ago, HamHamJ2 said:

Its more the fact that you can get a lot of repeat use out of it with Unicorns mobility and straighten tech. Added benefit that you can use Giver's to keep it in play longer.

13 minutes ago, HamHamJ2 said:

On the contrary, you need to limit your opponent's honor if you're using Yurt.

20 minutes ago, Schmoozies said:

Agreed that Unicorn's poorly-statted characters in Core and Imperial do make Unleash attractive. I'd prefer to play with more stat-efficient characters in general if I had the option so Unleash may become less relevant over the next cycle or two. It's also better with Force of the River and now we're running into the realm of combos that just haven't panned out for me. Especially when Unleash means packing Assassination as well is hard, on top of Captive Audience. Yurts can alleviate that mountain of self-inflicted honor loss but they do also help the opponent. So to me Unleash is going to be one of those roller coasters of 'sometimes unplayable' to 'occasionally game-winning' much like Way of the Unicorn.

1 hour ago, Khudzlin said:

On the contrary, you need to limit your opponent's honor if you're using Yurt.

Why? It doesn't matter until they hit like 22 which is unlikely. More likely is that they will hover around 10 and pay to play cards from the honor you give them.

Way of the Unicorn's stock is definately on the rise, one big downside for Unicorn (and for all clans not Scorpion) is that they don't have a way to filter cards. All clans should have some way of doing this.

Double Keeper roles for Unicorn is no big deal because their seeker locked card is horrible and sadly Keeper Initiates are still better than most of the characters in the Unicorn line up.

Personally I'm pretty excited to hear that clan packs will come a little faster becuse I think "support of" roles are going to make a much bigger impact than seeker or keeper, for some clans that have a weaker suit of cards