Just to be clear (re: conversion packs)

By Jiraiya1969, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

If you already own a mini and you purchase the related faction conversion pack, will you get all the cards that you would get if you purchased the miniature brand new?

For example, I own 8 TIE/in Fighters from the previous edition of this game - if I purchased the Imperial conversion kit, I would obtain 6 copies (as I understand it, there are six tokens for this fighter in the conversion kit) of each card that you are selling with the 2.0 version of the TIE/in mini you are selling.

Thanks in advance - having a hard time wrapping my head around 2.0!

On 8/6/2018 at 4:56 PM, Jiraiya1969 said:

If you already own a mini and you purchase the related faction conversion pack, will you get all the cards that you would get if you purchased the miniature brand new?

Yes. Every pilot and upgrade card found in the Wave 1 expansion packs for previously released ships are also found in the conversion kit. The exceptions are Lando's Falcon, the TIE Reaper and the Pilots from Saw's Renegades, which are not in any of the conversion kits.

Also be aware that Quick Build Cards do not come in the conversion kits (while they are in most of the expansion packs) and the distribution of tokens is different (for example, there are no evade tokens in the Empire conversion kit, but there are in the TIE/ln expansion).

Also note that the number of dials for each ship in the conversion kit does not match the number of ship tokens. So for example, while there are 11 ship tokens (8 with different pilots on each side, 3 with the same pilot on both sides) for the TIE/ln, there are not 11 dials in the conversion pack. There are only 4 TIE/ln dials in the conversion pack and 2 TIE/ln dials in the new core set (which FFG is saying is required to play 2.0).

So in this case cheaper to buy an extra 2.0 box to plus up the Tie/ln s