What are the words (card spots) on the playmat?

By Mike1977, in KeyForge

What are the spots for and what are they called? Text is too small to see.

kfs01_playmat.png

Along the bottom from left to right:

Archone, Draw Deck, Discard and Amber/Aether.

Why not archive at least?

19 hours ago, Amanal said:

Along the bottom from left to right:

Archone, Draw Deck, Discard and Amber/Aether.

It's æmber, FWIW.

17 hours ago, hatch79 said:

Probably because relatively few decks will have archives as options. When you're designing a mat as an aid for new players, it's better not to clutter it up with a mechanic they might not even see in their first dozen games.

On ‎8‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:01 AM, hatch79 said:

Or "Library" since it's a Garfield game. ;)

32 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

(TM) of WotC perhaps?

30 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

I think hatch79 was asking why there wasn't a spot designated for a player's Archive, which *is* a mechanic in the game where you can store cards from your hand to be retrieved to your hand later. It's a hand management tool that's enabled by a handful of cards but not available as a core action to all decks, which is where my response was going.

As for why it's a draw deck and a discard pile instead of a library and a graveyard, perhaps because those are M:TG terms (are they trademarked, like tapping is? I don't know) -- even if they're not trademarked, it could just be they wanted to template it more like FFG's other games for consistency, or they may have wanted to avoid confusion with Magic since it's another Garfield game.

Yeah you guys are probably right. Still it's a game with a "Yo mama, mastery" card. They could have come up with something Original. but I can also appreciate them keep it clear and simple.

4 hours ago, kaffis said:

I think hatch79 was asking why there wasn't a spot designated for a player's Archive, which *is* a mechanic in the game where you can store cards from your hand to be retrieved to your hand later. It's a hand management tool that's enabled by a handful of cards but not available as a core action to all decks, which is where my response was going.

I think because it is a infrequent thing.

Lets face it if Yo Mamma send my Mars Brain Boss to the Naughty Corner we don't really want a place for that if it only happens now and again.

7 hours ago, Amanal said:

Lets face it if Yo Mamma send my Mars Brain Boss to the Naughty Corner we don't really want a place for that if it only happens now and again.

That's a thing that can happen? Ok that's it. I'm buying this game.

Edited by Robin Graves

If I remember correctly, Archived cards just go under your Archon card anyway. No real reason for a extra spot.

1 hour ago, PMAvers said:

If I remember correctly, Archived cards just go under your Archon card anyway. No real reason for a extra spot.

Purged cards go under your Archon. The rules say Archives go above your draw deck, if I remember right.

Question about this playmat. The stated size is 26" x 26", but the provided image is clearly not a square. Are the dimensions wrong, or is the image?

Archon, Draw Deck, Discard, Archive