CHECK!

By Mike1977, in KeyForge

Any thoughts on this rule?

It's just nice to keep the boardstate clear. So nobody will be supprised if the opponent suddenly forges a key, because it was not clear they had 6 AEmber, or whatever.

It won't be a problem for me, I use to talk a lot during games anyway, just telling what I do.
But there are other players, who just put cards down, say nothing, and expect their opponent to know every card effect and synergy. So it's nice to have a rule, that keeps the gamestate at least in this regards always clear. ;)

I would just rather the rules made me put my amber where it was visible, and easy for my opponent to see what I had, thus just never bother with a rule from the 1970's "UNO!!!"

The rule as it stands is not all that good, you have the requirement to do something but it fails to inform us as to what happens if you don't say "Check!". What if I had five Amber and got one off my opponent for a card effect?

28 minutes ago, Amanal said:

The rule as it stands is not all that good, you have the requirement to do something but it fails to inform us as to what happens if you don't say "Check!". What if I had five Amber and got one off my opponent for a card effect?

I wondering if it will be treated like chess... You can say check, but you don't have too.

Gentlemen like to play a game when their opponent is at their best.

I prefer "YOU FOOL! THE KEY SHALL BE MINE, THEN THE VAULT! MWAH-HA-HA-HA!"

Watching live play with who I believe was Mr. Garfield himself, it seems like it's more of a courtesy thing. Keeps it friendly, which is more or less what the other player said.

I like the concept of the rule, but I've never been a fan of forcing specific verbiage in games unless it's a primary mechanic of the game e.g. Uno or Sushi Go. In this case, despite being many more syllables, I see myself instead just saying something like "that puts me at 6" or any other more natural sounding way of informing my opponent of the board state.

219028_0ddd11ab1fc7ce9a996d8a0d0971ead6.

Either way, as someone else mentioned above, some clarification on this rule would be nice.

Is this a courtesy rule?

I thought it was in the rule book.