Does anybody have scan of this quote?

By Leia Hourglass, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

In one of the FFG Star Wars Roleplaying sourcebooks their is a paragraph that makes an in-universe reference to many events in the galaxy happening being hazy and considered “Legends”. Does anybody have the book with this paragraph and then can give me the words.

Thanks!!!

20 hours ago, Leia Hourglass said:

In one of the FFG Star Wars Roleplaying sourcebooks their is a paragraph that makes an in-universe reference to many events in the galaxy happening being hazy and considered “Legends”. Does anybody have the book with this paragraph and then can give me the words.

Thanks!!!

It's actually mentioned in a number of them, including the F&D Core rules , and Nexus of Power .

7 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

It's actually mentioned in a number of them, including the F&D Core rules , and Nexus of Power .

Cool. So can you tell me it word for word please. I don’t have the book.

49 minutes ago, Leia Hourglass said:

Cool. So can you tell me it word for word please. I don’t have the book.

Page 378 of the F&D core rules and page 88 of NoP both say:

Many talent have been told of the Jedi and Sith, but the truth about their origins and early adventures has yet to be revealed. The tales within this section should be treated merely as inspiration for Game Masters and players who want to use this material to establish a deep history for their characters’ universe, and should not be treated as canonical truth.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Page 378 of the F&D core rules and page 88 of NoP both say:

Thanks dude!!! Do you also know the quote that talks about galactic history in general being obscured and that many things are considered “Legends”. Thanks so much!!!!

34 minutes ago, Leia Hourglass said:

Thanks dude!!! Do you also know the quote that talks about galactic history in general being obscured and that many things are considered “Legends”. Thanks so much!!!!

Basically it’s the same. The problem is that the era of the ancient Old Republic hasn’t been covered at all yet in the new canon past brief mentions of the Mandalorian wars, Tar Visla being the first Mandalorian Jedi, the battle of Malachor, and Ahch-To being the site of the very first Jedi Temple, even predating Ossus’ Great Library. As such, all we have to go by for ancient Old Republic history is Legends, at least until Lucasfilm get around to covering that era more extensively. Speculation among fans has it that it is likey that the movies by the guys behind Game of Thrones will be set in the Old Republic era, but there’s nothing official regarding that.

15 minutes ago, Tramp Graphics said:

the battle of Malachor

More accurately, “A” battle of Malachor. Pablo’s gone on record as saying, in essence, yes, a big battle happened there long ago, but it’s not necessarily “THE” Battle of Malachor that has been shown before.

35 minutes ago, Nytwyng said:

More accurately, “A” battle of Malachor. Pablo’s gone on record as saying, in essence, yes, a big battle happened there long ago, but it’s not necessarily “THE” Battle of Malachor that has been shown before.

Exactly. Especially since the battle mentioned in KotOR and KotOR II happened on Malachor V, and basically destroyed the planet.

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Basically it’s the same. The problem is that the era of the ancient Old Republic hasn’t been covered at all yet in the new canon past brief mentions of the Mandalorian wars, Tar Visla being the first Mandalorian Jedi, the battle of Malachor, and Ahch-To being the site of the very first Jedi Temple, even predating Ossus’ Great Library. As such, all we have to go by for ancient Old Republic history is Legends, at least until Lucasfilm get around to covering that era more extensively. Speculation among fans has it that it is likey that the movies by the guys behind Game of Thrones will be set in the Old Republic era, but there’s nothing official regarding that.

Okay. I was just looking for the exact quote but if you don’t have it then that’s cool. I saw it in a thread a few years ago but I can’t find it :(