The One Issue

By CEOWolf, in KeyForge

I know everyone is annoyed but can't they post a logo on boxes or maybe make seven colors for the boxes but still be random? I mean it solve a lot of er arguing with making us know we can least get x House but other two are unknown till we open it. Would that be too hard to accomplish?

Not knowing will be part of the fun though. If you buy 3 decks you are almost certainly likely to have most if not all houses to choose from (3 Houses in each deck). I like the model quite a bit and will buy at least a few decks.

If you really, badly want a specific combination of houses in your deck to be able to enjoy the game, you should maybe look for another game, that is specifically designed around a deck construction mechanic, there are plenty out there. Why bother with this game, then? :)

I don't care about the random factor I just want Dis lol

A partial blind purchase has most of the drawbacks of both blind and known purchasing.

in known purchases if there is a favored faction then they will sell first, if there is a less favored faction they may not sell.

in known purchases stores can typically order each individual item, and manufactures can adjust and reprint the popular items. this is a much more difficult product to deal with.

A blind purchase has none of these problems but introduces it's own set of problems.

I have not seen a game make it work yet. not saying it can't work.

2 hours ago, TylerTT said:

A partial blind purchase has most of the drawbacks of both blind and known purchasing.

in known purchases if there is a favored faction then they will sell first, if there is a less favored faction they may  not sell. 

in known purchases  stores can typically order each individual item, and manufactures can adjust and reprint the popular items. this is a much more difficult product to deal with.

A blind purchase has none of these  problems but introduces it's own set of problems.

I have not seen a game make it work yet. not saying it can't work.

I really liked the prerelease sealed boxes from Ravnica and Khans of Tarkir.

How did those work?

1 hour ago, TylerTT said:

How did those work?

Ravnica: 5 random Boosters, 1 booster with only cards from your two-colored clan and 1 predetermined prerelease promo from your clan, a spin down, sticker and a letter from your guild.

Khans: Same, but special booster has only cards from your three-colored clan and the prerelease promo is random from your clan.

So those were a special limited product? That’s an interesting way to make it work.

18 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

So those were a special limited product? That’s an interesting way to make it work.

Yeah, you got them when attending the event one day before the official set release.

Edited by Ignithas