Promo Cards

By jogo, in KeyForge

The jungle is great, but what if I want shiny warriors?

The promos would need to be one-off, so would have to be on some kind of mailorder system.

Or does anyone have any other idea?

Due to the model it'd be impossible to make promos

Promo decks?

1 minute ago, Radix2309 said:

Promo decks?

I can see that I suppose

Hmm, interesting thought, out of everything I’ve seen and read I am enamored with everything but I hadn’t thought about promos.

I will miss playing at an event and winning a unique prize. Maybe they could do prize tokens or just novelty prize cards? I hope they get popular enough to play weekly at the local game store and now that you mention it I really want cool prizes!

I would assume that Tokens or the status cards would be prizes for organized play.

2 hours ago, Reaver027 said:

I would assume that Tokens or the status cards would be prizes for organized play.

or playmats

Playmats and tokens are a given; boosters and sleeves possible.

Just now, Ignithas said:

Playmats and tokens are a given; boosters and sleeves could be a good idea.

This game does seem to limit the amount of promos and peripherals you can make for this. Take the sleeves for example: FFG makes (opaque) sleeves based on just about every game they have but with this game we can't use them.

Also can't do promo cards.

Just now, Ignithas said:

Playmats and tokens are a given; boosters and sleeves possible.

Hmmm just tought of something: clear sleeves with printing on the back leaving the areas you need to see (Archeon, name, houses) clear and adds some sort of "frame" around it.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor keyforge cards

23 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

This game does seem to limit the amount of promos and peripherals you can make for this. Take the sleeves for example: FFG makes (opaque) sleeves based on just about every game they have but with this game we can't use them.

Also can't do promo cards.

Opaque sleeves are certainly possible, because the Name of the Archeon is written in the Corner of every card and as far as I know you get your archon as a seperate card.

21 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Hmmm just tought of something: clear sleeves with printing on the back leaving the areas you need to see (Archeon, name, houses) clear and adds some sort of "frame" around it.

This idea is really cool.

34 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor keyforge cards

Fireball Island has those sort of sleeves as part of their KS, so it’s definitely doable.

FFG already requires the use of opaque sleeves for all promo cards in their games.

while the decks will have their own card backs they will still contain cards from the card pool so common alt arts would still be swappable into most decks.

47 minutes ago, TylerTT said:

FFG already requires the use of opaque sleeves for all promo cards in their games.

while the decks will have their own card backs they will still contain cards from the card pool so common alt arts would still be swappable into most decks.

The problem is that you can only check the legality of alt arts by deck checks.

5 minutes ago, Ignithas said:

The problem is that you can only check the legality of alt arts by deck checks.

Every deck comes with a deck list on the back of the archon ID card. And you will see most of the cards in a deck each game. So it’s not that hard to enforce or spot a cheat.

But it’s not like they have to do alt arts.

They could do entire alt art decks as promos. They could even theme them with quarterly events -- the prize for the Q1 kit could be a deck with full bleed copies of all/some of its cards, guaranteed to feature the Dis house. Then, the 12TH deck could do the same, but with a Logos deck guaranteed...

What we probably won't see are spot gloss promos, though.

Maybe promo "keys"?

Since FFG does have their print-on-demand process, perhaps bigger events could award customized decks. The cards themselves still randomized, but you could choose the houses/archon name, or even provide a photo/drawing for the card back.

Acrylic tokens/keys

Clear acrylic Power or Stun cards

Foil decks (unique, not foils of an existing deck)

Themed deck boxes sized for a 37 card deck + tokens

Playmats, either the retail ones or event-specific

Chance to name a card or Archon

That's all I got.