Any news from gen con?

By FrogTrigger, in Heroes of Terrinoth

Just curious if FFG has said anything about release, or if anyone has feedback from the demo from gen con?

Still excited about this game but it doesn't seem to be getting a lot of coverage.

Also waiting for info...on release or anything.

To be honest, I'm not surprised we haven't heard anything. Between the Star Wars miniatures games announcements and KeyForge, a "board game" set in Terrinoth isn't FFG's highest advertising priority.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a dam_n of KeyForge? :D

Edited by Julia
12 hours ago, Julia said:

I am intrigued by the concept and how well it works, only because the concept is very ambitious for a physical game. I am definately not as excited as FFG seems to think we should be though.

17 hours ago, Julia said:

I think the concept is new and therefore interesting, but I have several doubts about the longevity of this game.

As a game, after reading the rules, I do not think it very special. I am curious in how the game develops, so I will follows its development but I am not drawn to it by its gameplay.

So, Julia, you are not quite alone. Although I would not say that I do not give a ****. Imho, the uniqueness (randomness) of Keyforge will draw people to it in the beginning, but I have my sincere doubts whether it will remain interesting and appealing for long. The complete lack of deckbuilding, the fact that you cannot choose the factions you want, the sheer randomness, all this does not appeal to me. Whether it proves to be a hit, only time will tell.

Edited by windforce10
On 8/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, Julia said:

Definitely not. The whole concept is ridiculous.

On 8/4/2018 at 10:43 AM, Julia said:

Nope, the unique gimmick takes away one of my favorite parts about card games (deckbuilding) in the hopes of appeasing whiny people who don't like net-decks and from what I've seen the game mechanics bring absolutely nothing we haven't already seen. Hard pass for me.

I played a demo of HoT. I like most of the changes made from WQACG. I was told it would be out late WE / early Q4

2 minutes ago, eristotle said:

I played a demo of HoT. I like most of the changes made from WQACG. I was told it would be out late WE / early Q4

My only hope is that they've managed to balance the difficulty of the game whether you're playing 2, 3 or 4 players. It just didn't seem to scale properly with WQ

16 hours ago, eristotle said:

Glad to hear that it should be out this year! Hard to tell sometimes with as far out as FFG will announce board game, and then don't always have follow up posts.

15 hours ago, freebird285 said:

My only hope is that they've managed to balance the difficulty of the game whether you're playing 2, 3 or 4 players. It just didn't seem to scale properly with WQ

Out of curiosity, which way did you find the scaling off? Harder with 2, or harder with 4?

On 8/4/2018 at 11:43 AM, Julia said:

I would say i am intrigued, but not as excited as for HoT or AH 3rd Ed.

Might try KeyForge sometime but i don't think i'll invest huge money in it.

20 hours ago, eristotle said:

What are the changes?

There's a fairly long post on BGG about the demo offered at Gencon here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/2037714/thoughts-gen-con-demo/page/1

Same here Julia.

Cheer up, you are not alone! ?

Might try it sometime but it ain't my cup of tea.

Terrinoth, LoTR LCG and Arkham though *drooooooool*

I'm curious about KeyForge but avoiding it as there are already a lot of Asmodee lines I love (Terrinoth realm games, Formula D, Ticket To Ride, maybe most of the games I love as Asmodee seem to be buying all of the big games if they don't already have them :) ) so I don't really want to get into another game area for some time- these other games I love have already ballooned to fill up much of my gametime, like the concept of it but the art/theme isn't quite my thing overall, some of it I like but some of it's a bit outside my genres of choice. There is some neat stuff in there though and its unpredictability/ unique deck nature do sound interesting, but I'm sticking with the games I've grown attached to - just a personal thing.