I for one can’t wait! What House has everyone got their eye on?

By LeVitaMonster, in KeyForge

I can’t wait to find a sweet Mars House deck. That will definitley be my main!

It doesn't matter, you don't get to pick what you play unless you get really lucky or wait to buy off of the secondary market. Thus one of the most glaring flaws of this game for most who would want to play a card game.

30 minutes ago, Krashwire said:

It doesn't matter, you don't get to pick what you play unless you get really lucky or wait to buy off of the secondary market. Thus one of the most glaring flaws of this game for most who would want to play a card game.

Unlike the situation with that powerful rare card in other CCGs where "unless you get really lucky or wait to buy off of the secondary market" you don't get what you want.

2 hours ago, LeVitaMonster said:

I can’t wait to find a sweet Mars House deck. That will definitley be my main!

I'm with you on the Mars thing but the Angels and Demons seem interesting, too.

Willing to give it a try as I, like Garfield, remember the early days of MTG and playing with the cards we had - before the players and the game went "electric".

LOl yeah you don't get to choose wich decks you get. Come to think of it, has nobody on this forum quoted Forrest Gump yet?

"Keyforge is like a box of chocolates, you don't know what you are gonna get."

But to answer the question:

Going by faction: Dis, creepy demons.

Going by logo: Brobnar or Untamed

Going by the dude on the playmats: Mars

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor admech holy mars

HOLY MARS!

This is how they will make money though right? As far as I can see the idea is if you want to play different Houses and you don’t open the one you want, then you go and buy another deck. This is ok. You can play with more than one deck and have fun. This will get me to buy at least a few till I find a deck with a cool Mars House card or two that I like. Surely if the game is to thrive they don’t expect players to ONLY purchase one deck. Though with that being said I suppose I don’t see myself buying more than a few after I get my Mars House main.

If you are lucky (or you can trade) you can have each faction from as few as 3 decks (with two doubles)

kf01_house_logos.png

Edited by Robin Graves

Yea, I guess the hook will be that rare creature in each House that everyone would want in their decks. Right? Like I want the super rare legendary alien on my Mars team. I guess thats how they’ll get me to keep buying more. It’ll be interesting to see new expansions released too. I am so excited for this game.

I think you are overlooking a major aspect here. In a CCG no one single card that is currently in print is difficult to get. Some may be a little pricey, but they are at least available. Its pretty rare that a card just isn't available.

With this model you could realistically never even get the combo or houses you want. If you only care about one and don't care what the other two are you could still easily end up spending a significant amount to get it. It is fair that you will be able to get it from the secondary market, but you cant just pick up what you want as there are no singles.

This game relies so heavy on the gambling addiction/dopamine rush its unsettling.

41 minutes ago, Krashwire said:

I think you are overlooking a major aspect here. In a CCG no one single card that is currently in print is difficult to get. Some may be a little pricey, but they are at least available. Its pretty rare that a card just isn't available.

With this model you could realistically never even get the combo or houses you want. If you only care about one and don't care what the other two are you could still easily end up spending a significant amount to get it. It is fair that you will be able to get it from the secondary market, but you cant just pick up what you want as there are no singles.

This game relies so heavy on the gambling addiction/dopamine rush its unsettling.

No, judging by the tekst at the end of the rulebook it's Richard Garfield's attempt to hit the reset button and return to a time before you could buy every card online before release date.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor great scott

New expansions are interesting. They can reprint quite a few cards and still be pretty new. You could have a whole faction identical before and still have massively different decks.

I also bet new factions will spring up and they rotate through them maybe.

I could get into this game but there is the issue of not knowing what I''m getting... Booster Pack the CCG is a bit... The only issue I have is the no way to get any faction I want without luck of the draw and there is the possibility of getting a deck that is just dead and can't work.

Brobnar, Shadows and Untamed have got me excited. I won't mind playing the other factions, but those are the ones I look forward to the most.

Dis, Wild, shadows. So that would be the perfect combo for me

Edited by Ywingscum

Untamed and Sanctus look cool.

Order of preference:

Dis > Sanctum > Logos > Shadows > Untamed > Brobnar > Mars

Untamed looks fun to me. I’m looking forward to this if I can find a shop running it