I'm old...

By Mike1977, in KeyForge

I've been playing games for a long time, and I will admit that with age I'm getting more and more lazy.

I love card games, but I don't want to bother anymore with opening packs, making decks, trading cards, researching the value of cards, etc...

I really just want to sit down and play.

This game has me very intrigued.

I totally agree! I just hope my local game store gets people to play and FFG has some sort of prizes or ranking for players even if it is just through their app.

I wouldn't consider you lazy, but wise beyond your years.

3 hours ago, Mike1977 said:

...opening packs, making decks, trading cards, researching the value of cards, etc...

All of that went by the wayside when we found out there were better ways to spend our time. I prefer playing war-games to painting minis; and I prefer playing card games to opening-sorting-researching-deckbuilding-buying-trading-etc... This game seems right up my alley. Not a big investment to start, and really, what two gamers couldn't come up with a way to defeat the "unique" aspects of the game? Like morning cereals - straight outta the box or add your favorite fruit.

3 hours ago, Mike1977 said:

I've been playing games for a long time, and I will admit that with age I'm getting more and more lazy.

I love card games, but I don't want to bother anymore with opening packs, making decks, trading cards, researching the value of cards, etc...

I really just want to sit down and play.

This game has me very intrigued.

You should try Smash Up: Here's how you build a deck:

Step 1; you pick a faction

Step 2: you pick another faction

Step 3: you pick all the cards belonging to those factions and you shuffle them together.

You now have a deck.