Distribution (Deck Quality)

By Mike1977, in KeyForge

So I'm very intrigued by this distribution.

My thought are that its easier to make a poor deck then it is to make a good one; so I'm thinking the deck quality may look something like this:

Very Good Deck 5%
Good Deck 15%
Mediocre Deck 30%
Bad Deck 40%
Very Bad Deck 10%

So like a 1/20 chance of getting something really good.

I'd love to get other players feedback on what they think the odds are of getting a good/bad deck.

It will entirely depend on how the randomization logic is build. And this will certainly not be shared by FFG

What qualifies as "good" to you?

Given that the game is competitive, I would say that certain people will end up with decks that are just devastating everything below them. Most TCGs have "tier 1" decks that exist in numbers of half a dozen or less at a time. Given the sheer number of combinations of cards if you randomly assigned cards to a deck, those "tier 1" decks will make up less than 0.5% of the decks out "in the wild".

I mean 50% of decks will be "above average" in that they will literally be above the average. So if that counts as "good" then 50% will be "good".

20 minutes ago, Izathel said:

What qualifies as "good" to you?

Given that the game is competitive, I would say that certain people will end up with decks that are just devastating everything below them. Most TCGs have "tier 1" decks that exist in numbers of half a dozen or less at a time. Given the sheer number of combinations of cards if you randomly assigned cards to a deck, those "tier 1" decks will make up less than 0.5% of the decks out "in the wild".

I mean 50% of decks will be "above average" in that they will literally be above the average. So if that counts as "good" then 50% will be "good".

All the tournament decks will be top notch; I'm talking about the distribution. The odds of getting something bad/good.

42 minutes ago, Mike1977 said:

So I'm very intrigued by this distribution.

My thought are that its easier to make a poor deck then it is to make a good one; so I'm thinking the deck quality may look something like this:

Very Good Deck 5%
Good Deck 15%
Mediocre Deck 30%
Bad Deck 40%
Very Bad Deck 10%

So like a 1/20 chance of getting something really good.

I'd love to get other players feedback on what they think the odds are of getting a good/bad deck.

It's difficult to say without the knowledge of the whole card´pool, but your numbers seem realistic with the limited informations we have.

The algorithms for deck composition might be able to be reverse engineered, once there's enough data.