Shi'ido Species

By Kilcannon, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire RPG

Not sure if anyone is familiar with the Shi'ido species

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Shi'ido

wondering if anyone has ever made their stats in FFG or willing to help

Just reskin the changelings from No Disenagrations

S

Thanks, will reskin, but take out the stain cost and the roll. According to their description they don't suffer any of the pain or issues the Clawdites have when shapechanging. They also can shapechange as they get older into inanimate objects.

2 hours ago, Kilcannon said:

Thanks, will reskin, but take out the stain cost and the roll. According to their description they don't suffer any of the pain or issues the Clawdites have when shapechanging. They also can shapechange as they get older into inanimate objects.

It's rather imbalanced. You would need to remove XP or begin changing other aspects or it will be unfair/overpowered. Might be best to leave it in for balance reasons right now.

Definitely make the changeling ability have less penalty and be less difficult; also allow an option to do weirder things (inanimate objects, etc.) This make shape-shifting a 15 XP ability.

A rank in Xenology pretty much goes without saying.

Willpower 1 for their hesitancy in confrontations.

No stat at 3 seems obvious, and they have enough upside as is.

WT and ST stay the same.

Telepathy lets them use an easy Cool check (they suck at Discipline, so we'll use Cool) to add boost on a subsequent Deception check per 2 success. A strict interpretation of the lore would say that's it for telepathy, but you could also assume that there are other ways for it to be useful.

I would put them at 95 XP if they had a characteristic at 3 and no shape-shifting. So 110 XP, as shape-shifting is 15 XP less valuable.

I'm thinking of giving them personality disorder if middle aged and have it become.problamatic the more they use it. Its like an agent who goes undercover one two many times...but worse since they act the personality and looks of their deception.

Interesting... I was thinking something like Shi'ido have all 2s in stats and can't raise them through EXP at creation, only through using Dedication talents and they can't use Cybernetics.

However, using an action they can change shape into any species humanoid or otherwise through an action that is Silhouette 1 or lower, down to something the size of mice if need be. Barring modification via Talents they gain the weapons, stats, Wound Threshold, and Strain Threshold of whatever creature or humanoid they change into, including soak values but not including armor. They can change into anything Silhouette 2 but no higher, and if they do they must pass a 3p Resilience check or get stuck in that form for a number of days equal to the number of fails the roll generates to a minimum of 24 hours.

I'm going out on a Pro-Imperial limb here: filthy, disgusting, shape shifting, untrustworthy TELEPATHIC aliens.. Let Planetary Bombardment Begin :D