This looks different.

By Memorare, in KeyForge

New..

Not Star wars or Lovecraft....

Urge to try rising...

Why does FFG hate my bank account?

Joshing aside, I have to applaud a different looking game. Definitely worth a go! (And at worse $20 lost)

$40, if you want the tokens for the game.

And 4 decks at the same time, of course.

5 minutes ago, Memorare said:

New..

Not Star wars or Lovecraft....

Urge to try rising...

Why does FFG hate my bank account?

Joshing aside, I have to applaud a different looking game. Definitely worth a go! (And at worse $20 lost)

The border art is a bit to Heartstone for me. But yeah it's not SW or Lovecraft, (or Terrinoth) wich is a breath of fresh air fo FFG.

And at 10$ per deck they are even going easy on your bank account. :)

Edited by Robin Graves

This game has a blessedly low barrier of entry so it's easy to try. The problem comes in if you feel the need to hunt a particular type of deck. Also I guess there will be a secondary market for this game.... though how it will work is a mystery to me considering each deck is unique. Store owners are gonna have to do some analysis to figure out a deck's value.

Edited by phillos

Theoretically a deck is worth 10. Probably a markup for the benefit of knowing what you get. Somewhere between 12 to 15 dollars I think if every deck is equal.

Next you could bring it up to 35 total combinations, and examine the share in popularity of decks. Create a popularity percentage based on people who enjoy that combination. So some will be priced higher and others lower than the average just by combination and supply. That is assuming faction options remain available at an approximate 1:1 rate. So 1 set would be 1.5 times more in demand than the the average. Another .5 times less than average. So 1 costs maybe 18, and the other 12.

Now finally you look for specific combinations of cards and chase rares without too much subpar cards. Those valuable ones get marked up. Probably up to 20 and even 30 dollars.

This is achievable with a database of decks and their match rates, which the app seems to record. Plus community organized databases. Examine cards rate of win over all decklists. Then adjust price based on how big the difference is, Plus demand and supply.

So garbage decks would probably be 11 or 12, with the chase powerful decks being 30.

That isn't even mentioning that since each deck is unique, they can also get prestige. What is the world champions deck worth just by virtue of being the deck that won? You could record the legacy of a deck and who has played it. A deck passed down from champion to champion would be worth 50 maybe, just from the collectibility aspect.

2 minutes ago, Radix2309 said:

Theoretically a deck is worth 10. Probably a markup for the benefit of knowing what you get. Somewhere between 12 to 15 dollars I think if every deck is equal.

Next you could bring it up to 35 total combinations, and examine the share in popularity of decks. Create a popularity percentage based on people who enjoy that combination. So some will be priced higher and others lower than the average just by combination and supply. That is assuming faction options remain available at an approximate 1:1 rate. So 1 set would be 1.5 times more in demand than the the average. Another .5 times less than average. So 1 costs maybe 18, and the other 12.

Now finally you look for specific combinations of cards and chase rares without too much subpar cards. Those valuable ones get marked up. Probably up to 20 and even 30 dollars.

This is achievable with a database of decks and their match rates, which the app seems to record. Plus community organized databases. Examine cards rate of win over all decklists. Then adjust price based on how big the difference is, Plus demand and supply.

So garbage decks would probably be 11 or 12, with the chase powerful decks being 30.

That isn't even mentioning that since each deck is unique, they can also get prestige. What is the world champions deck worth just by virtue of being the deck that won? You could record the legacy of a deck and who has played it. A deck passed down from champion to champion would be worth 50 maybe, just from the collectibility aspect.

Except that this would crumble down if Organized play will be only from sealed decks, which according to the explanation is very likely to happen.

4 minutes ago, Hellvlad said:

Except that this would crumble down if Organized play will be only from sealed decks, which according to the explanation is very likely to happen.

I think a better term would be blind decks. Cause They Are all kind of sealed.

But the winning decks from these tournaments would still be valuable just from being able to say you own it.

Not to mention fan organized tournaments with known decks, Or just wanting a specific deck for your own enjoyment.