Two Players - Two Sets?

By hendersondayton, in KeyForge

I want to pre-order this. If my Son and I want to play against each other, Do I need to buy TWO starter sets?

Thanks!

No.

"Providing you with two training decks: Miss “Onyx” Censorius and Radiant Argus the Supreme, as well as two unique Archon Decks and a collection of keys, tokens, chain trackers, and status cards, this set provides you with everything that you and your chosen opponent need to start playing!"

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/keyforge/products/keyforge-call-archons/

3 minutes ago, jjcole said:

No.

"Providing you with two training decks: Miss “Onyx” Censorius and Radiant Argus the Supreme, as well as two unique Archon Decks and a collection of keys, tokens, chain trackers, and status cards, this set provides you with everything that you and your chosen opponent need to start playing!"

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/keyforge/products/keyforge-call-archons/

Thanks! With the media blitz I struggled to follow along. Are each Core set Unique to each other? So if I buy two coresets I would have 4 unique decks?

Edited by hendersondayton
3 minutes ago, hendersondayton said:

Thanks! With the media blitz I struggled to follow along. Are each Core set Unique to each other? So if I buy two coresets I would have 4 unique decks?

Yup, it has 2 predefined "starter" decks for learning how to play, but also 2 of the unique decks just like you would buy in the separate $10 pack.

Edited by jjcole
Just now, jjcole said:

Yup, it has 2 predefined "starter" decks but also 2 of the unique decks just like you would buy in the separate $10 pack.

Awesome! Love this concept!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ascension insight tokens

I'm thinking of using these instead for Aember tokens

What are those and where do I get some? I'm a sucker for gemstones.

27 minutes ago, Robin Graves said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ascension insight tokens

I'm thinking of using these instead for Aember tokens

NEED!!!

Did the same for honor tokens in L5R. I'm using Jade tumble stones as honor tokens and amethyst for fate.

38 minutes ago, hendersondayton said:

NEED!!!

You can get them from Ascension Dreamscape and ascencion Delerium.

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ascension dreamscape

Gerelateerde afbeelding

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor ascension dreamscape

Hmm guess you can also use the red gems as damage markers...

Drool...

You could even use the victory point tokens as wound marker. But those wold only come in two variations if i recall correct.

On 8/2/2018 at 7:47 AM, hendersondayton said:

You could do that... but it's cheaper to buy one core set, then two additional unique decks ($60 instead of $80). Unless you want extra tokens.