Official clone trooper armour stats

By Moglwi, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

I have had a look but I can not find official rules for clone trooper armour and kit are there any out there or will it be clone wars source book?

Knights of Fate has ARC trooper armor.

The clone trooper armor was originally based on Mandalorian armor, so you could use No Disintegrationes as a starting point if you have that book.

Edited by General Zod
Typed too fast

Currently, you'd just use the stats for laminate armor, which itself is noted as being akin to stormtrooper armor, which itself is a revision of the old Clone Trooper armor.

As Zod noted, ARC Trooper and Clone Commando armors get individual write-ups in the Knights of Fate sourcebook, but those are different enough to warrant their own set of stats.

Wasn't there something in the Mask of the Pirate Queen adventure?

Shame I do not have the Knights book early birthday press then.

I've been using the Standard Laminate armor stats too, but since my PC's have become such unstoppable menaces to the empire my stats are

Def 2 & Soak 4 . . . who am I kidding. That's not even going to slow them down . . .

Also note that I've modified my rules a bit so my Armor stats are running a bit higher and are more effective than those stats in the books.

I'm thinking I'll need to start assigning Storm Troopers some Adversary dice too, just to make things interesting. Fortunately, they haven't met the 501st yet .. . . (Where is my Devil smiley emoticon)?

I've always used laminate armor for baseline clone armor. Heck I've always used Stormtroopers for Clones!

If I did a hardline Clone War game I would consider reconfiguring the mechanics of their leadership structure and see if basing it off the squads system would work better than the current supporting Sgt configuration. Not sure if I'd go with it, but I think it'd be worth playing with, at least in certain encounters.

That said, I never hesitate to specialty-configure stormtroopers and I have a "veteran stormtrooper" stat block I use to bridge the gap between squaddie and sgt.

When going for a universal "level up" my first go-to is armor upgrades and fine details. So like all stormtroopers get helmet packages, DH77 Headcomms, and I add a slew of mundane items to their inventory to fill them out.

I should also mention that I try and add a tactics note to a lot of encounter these days. It's pretty rare my stormies stand there and eat it. They'll try and lay down supporting fire, flank, use cover, call in support.