Imperial Feedback

By Kunitzu San, in Imperial Assault Campaign

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some feedback on the next mission that we are running next, with myself as the Imperial. It's a forced mission for Boba Fett, "Predator & Prey" (Threat Level: 4). I'm running the Technological Superiority Class, and I want to try to get the cargo to the extraction as quickly as I can. There's more details below, let me know your thoughts/suggestions!

Active Class Cards: Jetpacks, Experimental Weapons, Arc Blasters, Technical Support

Groups

Initial: Imperial Officer

Nexxu

Trandoshan Hunter

Reserved:

Boba Fett

Open:

Elite HKs

Elite Stormtroopers

Elite Probe Droid

Edited by Kunitzu San

It's not a forced mission, it's an agenda side mission. I haven't played it though.

( Jawa Scavenger with the Motivators for +1 Speed is always good with droids and it can punch holes too.)

Edited by a1bert
14 hours ago, Kunitzu San said:

Hey folks,

I'm looking for some feedback on the next mission that we are running next, with myself as the Imperial. It's a forced mission for Boba Fett, "Predator & Prey" (Threat Level: 4). I'm running the Technological Superiority Class, and I want to try to get the cargo to the extraction as quickly as I can. There's more details below, let me know your thoughts/suggestions!

Active Class Cards: Jetpacks, Experimental Weapons, Arc Blasters, Technical Support

Groups

Initial: Imperial Officer

Nexxu

Trandoshan Hunter

Reserved:

Boba Fett

Open:

Elite HKs

Elite Stormtroopers

Elite Probe Droid

At threat level 4, I'd ditch the elite HK's and swap them out for something cheaper. Jawa would be a great alternative, as @a1bert suggested. Hired guns are always a safe bet. If you don't have those, then maybe some more normal Trandoshans, normal HK's, or Royal Guards. With two groups of Trandoshans (one with Experimental Arms), Boba, and the Nexu on the board, the Rebels will be bleeding lots and have multiple targets to distract them from the cargo. Then you can swoop in with the Elite Stormies or RG's and get the cargo.

Edited by Pollux85
On ‎8‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 9:37 AM, Pollux85 said:

At threat level 4, I'd ditch the elite HK's and swap them out for something cheaper. Jawa would be a great alternative, as @a1bert suggested. Hired guns are always a safe bet. If you don't have those, then maybe some more normal Trandoshans, normal HK's, or Royal Guards. With two groups of Trandoshans (one with Experimental Arms), Boba, and the Nexu on the board, the Rebels will be bleeding lots and have multiple targets to distract them from the cargo. Then you can swoop in with the Elite Stormies or RG's and get the cargo.

Thanks everyone for the feedback! I definitely like the idea of swapping them for the Trandoshans, considering the status effects, which I think would be a better trade off when compared to the HK's with a slight higher speed increase.

That's actually something that I have been weighing, lately: are the Trandoshans fundamentally better units than the HKs? Or is that more circumstantial?

Regular Weequay Pirates have replaced Trandoshan Hunters for me, although Trandos can do a lot of close-up damage due to Relentless and Scattergun (for example if you have Shoot First or Snap Fire against a melee rebel or can otherwise keep them on the board so they get to activate).

Edited by a1bert

I've taken AT-DP as Open Group in this one... you can push Rebels away and be the only adjecent figure.