Sin Eater clarification and insight

By Wilkus, in Dark Heresy Rules Questions

Howdy folks,

upon looking up the Sin Eater advancement, my group has quite a few questions unanswered, and before we go houseruling half of the thing, I'd like to see wether we overlooked something or it simply is that vague about the Sin Scarred Trait.

The Radical's Handbook states:

"These marks, both sacred and profane, grant you the Unnatural Toughness (x2) Trait when reducing Damage from daemons (both ranged and melee attacks), Psychic Powers, psy-active weapons (such as Daemon Weapons or Force Weapons) and Holy Damage."

Now the not so clear parts are the last three mentioned effects:

1) Does the character now count as a Psyker or still as his base class?

2) Does the character now have a psy rating of 1? Since both psychic powers and psy-active weapons are affected by that, or rather, won't work otherwise?

3) Holy Damage is very generalized here, does that mean any damage dealt? Only melee/ranged? Only unarmed? What does Holy Damage actually do? Same effect as sanctified?

I welcome any sorts of input, may it be actual rules or houseruling.

Cheerio

1) No, he is still in his base career, just take alternate rank, receive 2d10 CP and Sin Scarred trait.

2) No, he can't use any psychic powers, he receive a lot of resistance against warp-based powers.

3) Sanctified weapons and Faith Powers from IH and BoM, I suppose.

44 minutes ago, Jargal said:

2) No, he can't use any psychic powers, he receive a lot of resistance against warp-based powers.

Are you sure about that?

The Psychic powers part I understand, but it specifcially mentions Force Weapons which only act as such when you have a psy rating, makes me wonder why they put it that way.

That's the part we are most riddled about.

Thank you for your input.

1 hour ago, Wilkus said:

but it specifcially mentions Force Weapons which only act as such when you have a psy rating

Sin Scarred trait "grant you the Unnatural Toughness (x2) Trait when reducing Damage ... from psy-active weapons (such as Daemon Weapons or Force Weapons)" - Radical's Handbook, p.59. This trait don't give you any ability to use Force Weapons, for that you''ll need the Psy Rating.

Edited by Jargal
35 minutes ago, Jargal said:

Sin Scarred trait "grant you the Unnatural Toughness (x2) Trait when reducing Damage ... from psy-active weapons (such as Daemon Weapons or Force Weapons)" - Radical's Handbook, p.59. This trait don't give you any ability to use Force Weapons, for that you''ll need the Psy Rating.

Oh my, we misread that one quite hard then, lmao.

Thanks for clearing that up.