Play by Forum Games?

By impulsivitea, in Mansions of Madness

Hi!

First off, I just want to say how lovely it has been to find such a thriving MoM forum! I only joined today and I have already really enjoyed interacting with other members.

But on to the main item: I was wondering if - provided it is allowed here, please let me know if I have missed a pre-existing thread or rules here about this sort of thing - anyone would be interested in playing any play by post / play by forum games of Mansions of Madness 2e?

To give an idea of how it would work, I will link here: https://boardgamegeek.com/forum/1997515/mansions-madness-second-edition/play-forum which has a handful that have been run previously. (You may notice I have also posted there.)

A couple ground rules would be in effect:

- Players need to have the game as card effects and such will not be posted.

- There will be someone acting as 'Keeper' who interacts with the app as necessary, resolves investigator turns/rolls/etc, runs mythos turns, and updates the map accordingly. (I would be fulfilling this role!)

Additionally, should things go well, there is the possibility of also running custom scenarios, if that's the sort of thing people are into.

I'd really like to hear people's thoughts on this.

Thanks, and have a lovely week!

?

Hi Impulse,

What an intriguing idea. I'd be delighted to have a tilt at this with you. Playing the game at a more languid pace with a few folks could be a good way to get a game in. Forum plus chat and photos could make it relatively easy.

JKW

Hi ? Thanks for your reply! There's a game almost ready to go over on BGG ( link ) - we're just voting on the scenario - if you're happy to play over there; if you'd rather play here and are happy to wait for a couple more players, that's cool too! Thank you for your interest ?

Just posted over at BGG. best place to collate and play.

Thanks for posting here, mate.

Hard to get a game in with my regular mob at the moment. And i like the slow pace of it.