Cyphers and Mask Now Shipping!

By HaphazardNinja, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

**** beaten by a ninja

did.... did the upcoming change from August 2nd to 16th?

Yup.

Just remember this is because the people at FFG don't think it's worth it to modify for a faster hyperdrive...

Great news!

15 hours ago, ForgottenCurse said:

did.... did the upcoming change from August 2nd to 16th?

Status is still “shipping now.” Shipping to distributors/retailers is quite unlikely to take an extra 2 weeks. Which means stores should still receive them 8/2 or 8/3. They’re unlikely to sit on product for 2 weeks before putting it out on the shelves.

Meanwhile, GenCon is that first week in August (8/2-8/5), so I suspect the new release date is for orders direct through FFG.

But, I could be wrong.

Just to be clear, is the final species still up in the air? I think Kubaz was heavily hinted but still unconfirmed.

Anybody get it yet?

I'll be around 2-3 weeks behind here in Sweden, so I tend to keep track of when people in the states get their copies.

14 minutes ago, OddballE8 said:

Anybody get it yet?

I'll be around 2-3 weeks behind here in Sweden, so I tend to keep track of when people in the states get their copies.

It was originally street dated for Aug 2nd and then changed to Aug 16th. We've a bit to go yet before we see anything.

If we're lucky someone won't have seen the Aug 16th date and an flgs will unwittingly release them next week.

Edited by warchild1x
3 hours ago, warchild1x said:

It was originally street dated for Aug 2nd and then changed to Aug 16th. We've a bit to go yet before we see anything.

If we're lucky someone won't have seen the Aug 16th date and an flgs will unwittingly release them next week.

Or, more likely, someone will pick up a copy at GenCon. Which is what probably prompted the sudden release date change, an attempt to push more sales from the booth before general street release. I wouldn't be surprised to find a copy on eBay for $60.00 US or more by next weekend.

So, I believe this is my first time pre ordering something from FFG. Should I expect an email concerning shipping at some point? Or will it just magically appear on my doorstep one day?

You should get an email. Admittedly, I only preordered one product, but it should pop up a few days before you get it.

The book was released at GenCon today, a friend of mine picked it up. I have no spoilers on it, but I'm sure we will start to see them coming over the weekend.

On 7/22/2018 at 11:37 PM, Brutusness said:

Just to be clear, is the final species still up in the air? I think Kubaz was heavily hinted but still unconfirmed.

It was essentially confirmed when FFG originally posted the species pic for Kubaz (with a caption saying as much), but later edited the article.

Somebody has got to have the lowdown on this by now.

38 minutes ago, Swordbreaker said:

Somebody has got to have the lowdown on this by now.

No kidding. I'm getting really eager to hear something. Nobody has said a peep here or on Reddit.

It's almost like all the people who got the book at Gen Con have something better to do...

1 hour ago, Dr Lucky said:

No kidding. I'm getting really eager to hear something. Nobody has said a peep here or on Reddit.

It's almost like all the people who got the book at Gen Con have something better to do...

There are four distinct possibilities:

1) Some kind of weird NDA was involved with the purchase (VERY unlikely and odd).

2) Coincidences conspired that made sure these people didn't want to/couldn't immediately post things about the book.

3) The Empire found out about people having the books and started hunting them down, meaning they had to go into hiding.

4) The book simply wasn't for sale at the con.

Edited by ExileofEnya
15 minutes ago, ExileofEnya said:

There are four distinct possibilities:

1) Some kind of weird NDA was involved with the purchase (VERY unlikely and odd).

2) Coincidences conspired that made sure these people didn't want to/couldn't immediately post things about the book.

3) The Empire found out about people having the books and started hunting them down, meaning they had to go into hiding.

4) The book simply wasn't for sale at the con.

I've heard from multiple people that it is for sale. I'm pretty confident that the issue is that those who bought the book would rather use their limited convention time to enjoy the convention, rather than reading the book, much less reading and then posting online about it.

41 minutes ago, Dr Lucky said:

I've heard from multiple people that it is for sale. I'm pretty confident that the issue is that those who bought the book would rather use their limited convention time to enjoy the convention, rather than reading the book, much less reading and then posting online about it.

Pretty much this. Given the costs involved with GenCon, both in terms of time and money, folks that have the book are too busy making the most out of their time at the con.

6 hours ago, Dr Lucky said:

Imperial Propaganda! Lies and Slander, all of it!

tenor.gif?itemid=10493922

I don't have the book, so I cannot answer any questions.

However.... I have completed my treatment of the new specs and the signature abilities. You can find them, and all the other specs and Force Powers, in my thread over in the Edge of the Empire side.

Spec sheets and Force Powers

16 minutes ago, RLogue177 said:

I don't have the book, so I cannot answer any questions.

However.... I have completed my treatment of the new specs and the signature abilities. You can find them, and all the other specs and Force Powers, in my thread over in the Edge of the Empire side.

Spec sheets and Force Powers

How'd you manage the specs without the book? Who is your source so we can roll them in a back alley for pocket change and more details!

Courier looks interesting. Not amazing, but interesting enough that I can see it getting some play.

Interrogator just isn't something that appeals to me.

Sleeper Agent is pretty awesome, especially if paired with Infiltrator.