A competitor appears: CMON's Cthulhu Death May Die

By vsolfronk, in Mansions of Madness

If anyone is interested in this. Some of the figures look really good and could be a stand-in for MoM. Right now I think MoM is a better game, but since DMD isn't even out, it is hard to judge.

https://boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/253344/cthulhu-death-may-die

From what people have said, DMD is more of a "shoot Cthulhu in the face" kind of game (close to it's Zombicide breatheren) than a mystery and clues kind like Mom.

Edited by vsolfronk

I'd rather get the new expansion of MoM...

Not to mention cool mini don't have the best reputation for making good rule systems.

They make pretty models though.

Edited by scrubbless

I don't think Death May Die will do anything things better then MoM. I won't mind playing it, but I won't back it. But the miniatures a far far better then the droopy crap ffg is using...

6 hours ago, Larry Ho-Teep said:

I don't think Death May Die will do anything things better then MoM. I won't mind playing it, but I won't back it. But the miniatures a far far better then the droopy crap ffg is using...

Agreed, although I must admit the quality definitely got a boost since BTT / GoA.

In the two Monster / Character packs I got some characters that almost break their legs eventhough I've always handled them with care.