Modifier "ignored" not "Cancelled"

By backupsidekick, in Runewars Rules Questions

While looking at the new Homebrew Dwarves, I considered the following, what does "ignored" mean in relationship to "revealed"?

If I reveal a modifier that does not match the stance of the action, it is "ignored" which is different than cancelled which according to the rules reference 15.1 "A game effect cannot be resolved if it is triggered from an action of modifier that is canceled", but there is no mention of "ignored" as for triggering additional game effects.

Point is, if a modifier is ignored, is it still revealed for purposes of further game interactions? It isn't cancelled, and obviously ignored means you don't perform the given modifier, but is it still considered revealed?

For instance, File leader allows you to perform an attack if your command tool is revealed with an attack showing. If the wraiths had their modifier set for the red attack (and were able to take the upgrade), and an initiative 3 blue march, would the be able to perform the attack if someone collided with them later, or does "ignored" not simply mean not taken, but also cancelled as well?

Hmmm... that is a good question. I have taken for granted that the modifier must be legit (i.e. not cancelled), so that was what I had in mind with the Skewerers ability.

I think File Leader actually works even if the action is cancelled. 15.1 refers to effects triggering off of the canceled action, but File Leader triggers off of an enemy unit colliding with you. The stipulation that your dial be revealed with a melee selected is, as far as I can deduce, independent of that action having resolved.

In fact, isn't that File Leader's main use? When you reveal your dial with a melee attack and no enemies engaged with you, it can't resolve. I can't find whether that action is then canceled, but you certainly didn't perform it.

Bhelliom makes a good point, I would say if it is down and it shows, regardless of whether it was used or could be, it works. My question is what are homebrew dwarves?

On 7/27/2018 at 12:56 AM, Curlycross said:

Bhelliom makes a good point, I would say if it is down and it shows, regardless of whether it was used or could be, it works. My question is what are homebrew dwarves?

This is it (see below), I have adjusted the unit in question (skewerers). And if anybody cares I'm working on a second hero.

https://community.fantasyflightgames.com/topic/279048-homebrewn-dunwarr-dwarves-updated-july-16th/