Barricades?

By lmpbao, in Mansions of Madness

I have read the rules and through the forums about barricades. I am still trying to get a handle on them.

• If I barricade myself into a room with only the one door, am I able to unbarricade the door to get out of the room?
  • If there is a barricade in a room with multiple doors, can I move it to any door or just doors in the space it was placed?
  • Does breaking through a barricade cost a monster an action? If it breaks through, does it still attack an investigator?

Thanks!

My app doesn't seem to work it only shows up when setting up a room it doesn't show up anymore how can I barricade a room?

On 7/8/2018 at 8:45 PM, lmpbao said:

I have read the rules and through the forums about barricades. I am still trying to get a handle on them.

• If I barricade myself into a room with only the one door, am I able to unbarricade the door to get out of the room?
  • If there is a barricade in a room with multiple doors, can I move it to any door or just doors in the space it was placed?
  • Does breaking through a barricade cost a monster an action? If it breaks through, does it still attack an investigator?

Thanks!

You are able to use an action to move a barricade away from a door or secret passage.

Barricades can't be moved from one space to another unless a specific action allows you to, so if there are multiple doors in the same space as the barricade, then yes. Otherwise no.

When testing a monsters brawn against a barricade, if they pass then they burst through the door and get their full movement and available attack.

Hope this helps! If you are looking for more answers then look in the Rules Reference, page 5.

12 hours ago, CEOWolf said:

My app doesn't seem to work it only shows up when setting up a room it doesn't show up anymore how can I barricade a room?

The app shows which space the barricade is added in, you can then use an action to move it against a door in that space. Once the app spawns a barricade it will vanish because the game doesn't know when an investigator moves it for use or when a monster busts through one destroying it. Keep in mind that the only thing that the app leaves visible on the map are items that will need to be interacted like a search token that will provide more information about an object, an explore token to open a door to a new room, or an interact token for special events. Anything else will show you where it spawns, but after that it will be removed.

Edited by LordPyrex