When will we have an option to select a layout in Mansions of Madness?

By Juan4aigle, in Mansions of Madness

Am I the only one? Surely we all have thought about it. Open the app, select a scenario and then the app lets you select like:

• Map layout A
  • Map layout B
  • Map Layout C
  • Random Layout

And so on, depending on the scenario. If you played the layout A the first time around, you can select option B the second, etc, even a random option if you have played them all and you want to be surprised. Man, they can even use it to tempt people to buy expansions, for example:

• Map layout A
  • Map layout B
  • Map Layout C (locked)
  • Map Layout D (locked)
  • Random Layout

Anyone else ever wanted this? I have several expansions, I want to feel I'm making the most of the tiles! :)

What if each map has 6 paths which in turn lead to 6 paths.

Open the Hall door to find 1 of 6 possible rooms. Off of each of those rooms are 6 more possible rooms.

Would you want an option to select every single variation? It could be a few hundred!

Some scenarios are linier, but the app has the potential to make much more random choices.

If the back end story uses the MoM1 method of variation, then it would be fine.

But those randomisations can be made infinatly complex and retro fitted over time, formalising and agreeing to that MoM1e structure of scenario, in my eyes limits the scope and potential of future scenarios.

Edited by scrubbless

Every scenario has currently a few variations (if any) available, and I'd say for play testing and balance, and for the amount of work on the back end that it would mean, scenarios will never have hundreds of variations. Most maps have between 2 and 4 layouts, based on the content you own (and I must admit I like it that way, means better thought layouts and and avoids inconsistent or buggy maps).

The article below lists quite well the current variations:

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1900305/complete-list-all-scenario-map-variants-potential

With those variations in mind, I think it'd be nice to be able to have an option to choose a layout (without giving details away).