Drop in and say "Hello!"

By Mikael Hasselstein, in Star Wars: Rebellion

Hey all,

This forum seems pretty dead, and as a result it helps us believe that the game is dead. It might be fairly comatose, but I had a fun game last week, though it was my first in many, many months. However, perhaps just having a thread to pop into and say what you've played can help keep it on people's radar and remind them to ask others to play the game with them.

So, I invite you to just leave a message here, and tell us what Rebellion games you've played lately.

For my own part, @Admiral Theia and I played the Rise of the Empire expansion last week. I was the Empire - which is always the case - but she beat the pants off me. How was I to figure that some farmboy in an X-Wing was going to have the stolen plans to my Death Star, which he destroyed just before I was about to unleash my superlaser on the Rebel base? Who could possibly conceive of such a scenario?

Anyway, I think that I need to change up my game. While I used to be hegemonic, I've been having a losing streak lately, and not just with/since the expansion.

What's your story?

4 hours ago, Mikael Hasselstein said:

What's your story?

My story is that I beat the pants off of you our last three games :-P. It wasn't actually Luke in there, but rather Miche Theia, future admiral of the Rebel Alliance. That dopey farm boy just took all the credit. What a piece of bantha poodoo.

Oh, and you forgot to mention that Vader died storming the rebel base, overconfident in that "technological terror" in orbit above him. ?

I love this game, and I loved it even when @Mikael Hasselstein beat me our first several games (how many was it, 6? 7?), but now I'm at three in a row (one before the expansion, two after).

4x games are greatest when they really capture the universe they represent, like Ascendancy for Star Trek, and Rebellion for Star Wars. It's a great time to be a sci-fi nerd.

I am actually about to play a game with some friends tomorrow. (I have an epic victory strategy for the Empire which i shall employ to flush out the Rebel base) Anyways, I am actually working on a COMPLETELY custom expansion for Rebellion. Ive decided to call it "A Spark of Hope". I will be adding new leaders, units, cards and even PLANETS! (Yes, I will be expanding the map to give the Rebellion more places to hide) I'm mostly doing this because there are planets that are in the galaxy that shouldve been added or could be added. Some of the planets Im adding would be The Maw, Kamino, Trandosha, Scarif, Crait and others. I will be redoing how leaders work (which might not make it to the final expansion). I have got a lot of it figured out, but I dont have a lot. Im also working on a website to receive (all, if any) donations to help. Once i have it completely finished, I will give it to the community! I hope to give some life to this mostly dead game. I want your guys opinion! Any ideas for anything that needs to be added? Im open!

-Captain Rex

Image result for hello there gif

Hello,

I've got a doubleheader with a friend coming up soon and looking forward to it. Still trying to figure out which deck (base or expansion) goes best with expansion set-up for balance purposes but still enjoying and thinking about the game quite a bit.

I'm about six games in - I absolutely love this game and how it captures the Star Wars spirit. Recently have been playing as rebels, taking out a death star in the last two games. I finally managed to capture and hold Coruscant for a turn. I just bought some clear stands from ETSY, I'm loving how they make the minis look.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/585792786/star-wars-rebellion-ship-stands-base?ref=hp_rf

I also plan to attempt to paint my minis later this month. We'll see how that goes.

23 hours ago, Trespasser 989 said:

I absolutely love this game and how it captures the Star Wars spirit.

I agree that it absolutely does that.

As an avowed Imperial, I enjoy the hunt for the Rebel base, though (see above) I need to recalibrate my syrategy for doing so.

I absolutely love Rebellion, its on of my top 2 favorite board games of all time (with War of the Ring) and I had a fantastic game against a friend recently.

My base had been recently moved to Cato Neimodia and as a result has very few troops, however I had a sizeable space fleet at Nal Hutta and my opponents Death Star was at Mandalore. I had the 'one on a million' card so I was really confident that I was going to be able to get 2 reputation and work my way towards winning. However my opponent then moved his entire ground force to Malastare (which consisted of 2 AT-AT's and an overwhelming number of other troops). At that point I knew I was introuble, so in the next assignment phase I used Lando's action card on Malastare to buy myself some time, and used my first action to activate Kessel with Wedge and moved my fleet there. My only goal was to get to the death star and blow it up. However, my opponent did not have the probe card for Mon Calamari, and saw me moving my fleet as an attempt to protect my base and then spent the next 3 turns moving his army up to mon calamari. It was a total fluke, but Wedge moving towards the Death Star ended up winning me the game. The look on my opponents face when he landed on Mon Calamari and I said I wasn't there was priceless.

Hope you are all enjoying the game as much as I do!

On 7/7/2018 at 12:05 AM, Rogue3 said:

I absolutely love Rebellion, its on of my top 2 favorite board games of all time (with War of the Ring) and I had a fantastic game against a friend recently.

Me too, those are my top 2 games! I've tricked both of them out, and I'm still tricking them out but I'm nearly done. I'll eventually post pics of my Rebellion stuff. If I had to pick, I think I like WoTR more, but it's close!