LotA on Twitch

By jacenat, in Legends of the Alliance

Jeppe and Alistair are starting their campaign right now. http://www.twitch.tv/boardwarseu if you want to watch live :)

VoD is up on Youtube!

Very enjoyable. When is the next episode?

@Cremate knows best. They talked about sometime during this week. You can either follow on twitch and get notifications there, or join the discord server (http://discord.me/bweu). Between the 2, you shouldn't miss it.

We'll try to give some advance warning, but with both our busy schedules it might happen somewhat impromptu when time allows.

We'll be recording the next episode tomorrow, Wednesday, at 14.00 GMT. Catch us live or watch the video later!

No space background? Missed a trick there ;)

Mission 2, now with SPACE background!

A question to that specific mission:

• if an imperial figure could attack a token/has LOS
  • the token is adjacent to a rebel figure/hero
  • the imperial figure has no LOS to that rebel figure/hero (e.g. is behind a corner)

Does the imperial figure attack the token or not?

The figure cannot attack either, so it uses targeting priority to attack (a different token or) the closest rebel figure.

1 minute ago, a1bert said:

The figure cannot attack either, so it uses targeting priority to attack (a different token or) the closest rebel figure.

Why can it not attack? I don't have the the text at hand though...

21 minutes ago, Whitebubble said:

Why can it not attack? I don't have the the text at hand though...

A crew token cannot be attacked if there is a (healthy?) hero (rebel figure?) adjacent to it. I don't think the rule has any allowances for the hero being out of line of sight (or invisible if the hero is Mak and Covert applies). You cannot attack the token because of the mission rule, and you cannot attack the hero due to not being a valid target for the attack, so you have to choose a different target.

On 7/18/2018 at 3:39 PM, a1bert said:

You cannot attack the token because of the mission rule, and you cannot attack the hero due to not being a valid target for the attack, so you have to choose a different target.

It seems I was tripped by the wording of the mission rule. The intent of the developers is that an adjacent hero rebel figure becomes the target of the attack "if possible", otherwise the crew token is attacked normally.

Edited by a1bert
allies can protect too

So that means that even if a hero is adjacent hero to a token, if the hero is no valid target (no LOS) the imp has to attack the token instead? This feels right but is not the way I played it ;)

That's not how I played it either (hence the continued misunderstanding). No biggie.

The wording will probably be made more clear in a future update. For example akin to Imperial Hospitality: "If a Rebel is on or adjacent to the mission token and can be target of the attack, the Rebel becomes target of the attack."

Edited by a1bert