New expansion?

By cpmorgan, in DOOM: The Board Game

Any update about an expansion to the game?

They (Bethesda) announced "DOOM Eternal" at the E3. Might be a glimmer of hope.

Edited by Filbert

Hey guys,

Was thinking the same way with "Doom Eternal" announce at E3. It's hopeful for an expansion but a bit sad if they don't include missed demons from the first opus.

I mean they could pull an imperial assault deal, release a small expansion with the demons they missed and a mini campaign to tide us over. Then when doom eternal comes out, drop a medium expansion with new content, possibly new demons and what not.

Yep, absolute void of any post-release content or even support (like pretty demanded companion-app) is very disappointing. Especially for such a great, big board game, based on a strong franchise, which has so much content to be added to it's adaptation. I sincerely hope, that release of the sequel to the video game would be a great enough motive for FFG to make a full scale expansion to board game. Chrissr09 provided a great idea, that FFG could release a small expansion, like with currently missing bits from original video game, even with scaled up price, to analyze demand and then calculate printing numbers (or even reject the idea, dependent on results) for full scale expansion.

P.S. Interestingly enough, there is upcoming (pretty late) localization of DOOM SE in Russia, which is set for release in 2019. I do believe, that if all plans to support DOOM are scrapped by FFG, then russian partners wouldn't be releasing already doomed ( 🕶️ ) game. At least, that fact inspires some hope for future announcements from FFG relating DOOM Board Game.

I hope so. I'd like more map tiles to work with, official Deathmatch rules, and more scenarios.

I really hope that they do. I've sent an email to them inquiring if something was in the works and if not, to consider putting something in the works. So far I have not heard anything back.

I also hope they add content; I don’t know how to vote for that besides posting here!

but more minis; tile sets; and an app would be amazing. And if you ever gave models from the 90’s doom; I would buy like 3 sets. Or 5.