Clarification on Signature Weapon

By Direach, in Realms of Terrinoth

My friend received this response, thought I would share it for everyone's information:

Rules Question:
This is a Realms of Terrinoth question. The Power Upgrade "Supreme" for the Signature Weapon Heroic Ability states: "Your character’s signature weapon gains 2 hard points and an attachment of your choice of rarity 9 or less at no cost (subject to the limits of its new total hard points)." My question is: Is this new attachment only usable during Activation (like the base ability attachment) or, since it requires hard points, is it active as a normal attachment?

FFG Response:
It’s the latter—it works like a normal attachment, so is always “on.”
Hope this helps and thanks for playing!

Tim Huckelbery
RPG Producer
Fantasy Flight Games

Be sure to post this in the FAQ thread !

I did a double take due to skimming the original post. Good clarification vs. the base ability's attachment!

Edited by verdantsf

So what am I spending the story point for?

By this ruling, I could have a sword with the Rune of Blades all the time at chargen.

You getthe benefit of one extra attachment the weapon does not possess

58 minutes ago, Jon D said:

By this ruling, I could have a sword with the Rune of Blades all the time at chargen.

For a second, I thought the same thing, but the clarification is specifically for the Supreme version of the Heroic Ability :) . The special attachment at chargen is still only active when the Heroic Ability is activated.

Edited by verdantsf

Basic: gain any Attachment while the ability is active

Supreme: gain a permanent attachment of rarity 8 or less (ie Not Rune of Blades or Rune of Severing)

Supreme states Rarity 9 or less, though.

Edited by verdantsf

So it does, whoops! The overall effect is still the same though, the two Runes I listed can not be added.