New to RPGs, Beginner EotE game?

By Toby-Juan Jacobi, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Hello all! I am here because I just picked up EotE beginner game because I love SW, and it seems designed to help me know if I'll enjoy rpgs. I can't find anyone interested enough to actually play irl though. (Most of my friends are pretty much voluntarily illiterate)

Any GMs interested in running a beginner game? It would be hugely helpful!

It seems like a lot to bite into being GM for my first rpg.

You'll do fine, read through it a couple times to know the module, then a couple times more and try to imagine the players not doing what is suggested. This might give you some ideas if the players don't follow the script.

Once you're done, download the PDF add-on, it gives you another 3-5 sessions of play, with less hand-holding.

I would suggest reading up the most on the vehicle/space battle rules. Get a good grasp of those before you get involved in the space battle. If, while reading, you have an issue, come search these forums or ask. It's one of the most confused parts to grasp (in my opinion) and others have already asked the common questions and had them answered.

I have a couple of thoughts for you to consider, especially since I had a similar experience.

Find a group of people playing the Star Wars EotE RPG. I personally started with an LFG (Looking For Group) Post on these forums and found a very capable GM to run a game locally.

I also visited the FLGS (Favorite Local Gaming Stores) and posted flyers advertising our Star Wars RPG. It was a lengthy process and we had a surprising volume of responses. Obviously enough to get a new game started.

There were some odd twists and turns along the way and I have found myself GMing this group, but the previous GM was highly valuable in helping me learn the rules and were still very good friends.

It will depend on where you live, but you will probably be able to find some new people at the local gaming stores who would love to introduce you to this hobby.