Differences in Core sets

By Morfedel, in X-Wing Mission Control Technical Support and Feedback Forum

So, from what I understand, the red and blue core sets are the original series and force awakens separately, yes? And if so, they provide you with different materials?

I ask because I know someone with two red core sets, offered to sell them to me at half of msrp respectively. I'm not sure if he's even opened them. In any case, I havent bought into the game yet, although I have played a few games and enjoyed them, and was debating if i should pick up both from him, or just one, and get the blue box separately?

I also understand that the damage decks are different between the two. Does the one from the blue set count as the official one, are they both correct, should I shuffle them all together?

Final question, I understand that there is an App coming out. Will it make the damage deck obsolete and run damage on the app?

Thanks in advance!!

First, the App will be for the 2nd Edition of the game. That version will make all of the damage decks and cards in both the core sets you're talking about obsolete. It comes out in September. If you would like to play in the 2nd edition, you will need to get that new core set in September.

People may have other opinions, but my thinking is that if you haven't bought anything for the game yet, just wait until September and get yourself the 2nd edition core set. You will need the new damage deck in it, so you'd want to buy it anyways, no matter what you buy now.