Netrunner playmat reprint?

By Sz4r1ej, in Android: Netrunner The Card Game

Are there any chances for reprints of the accessories before the end of license?

I'm particularly hung up on System Breach Playmat as you can't get it from any of the online stores anymore.

Zero chance. FFG must destroy any remaining stock on hand so any unsold product is wasted money.

They can't sell any Netrunner product after termination point of the license. (Which I believe to be mid-October.)

They could support OP after the termination with Android playmats or other product, but it couldn't have any Netrunner verbiage or markings. It would be a pretty neat olive branch to the community, now that I think on it. I doubt they'll do it, however.

They do own all of the art and the setting, so future "Android" tournaments could be possible, just not Netrunner ones. It's the Netrunner components that they can't reproduce or sell. Android playmats are possible (doubly if they produce a different card game in the universe), but alt art cards are out of the question.

whether or not they can reuse any art assets from Netrunner for other Android universe products may come down to specific clauses in the license agreement. I’d bet money they can’t reuse card titles like the current “Hadrian’s Wall” or “Victor 1.0” playmats.

Edited by Grimwalker
On 6/16/2018 at 1:30 PM, Grimwalker said:

Zero chance. FFG must destroy any remaining stock on hand so any unsold product is wasted money.

That's it, and someone bought up all the Data packs so good luck with that, get out that checkbook. It is going to cost you 100.oo UK pounds.

On ‎6‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 8:40 AM, Sz4r1ej said:

Are there any chances for reprints of the accessories before the end of license?

I'm particularly hung up on System Breach Playmat as you can't get it from any of the online stores anymore.

Go to Paizo.com . They have most of the data packs & deluxes before Kitara (random ones are missing) and they have the System Breach playmat. That playmat (oddly) is the only product they carry for Netrunner that is overpriced ($43.31 USD). It's where I just got mine.

As a side note, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of SanSan's Old Hollywood, please hit me up. It's the one pack I can't find. (For less than 90$ and from Germany. (No offense to Germany, several of my products are coming from across different oceans, that's just where this one is and I'm trying to find it within double its MSRP.))

It's VERY unlikely there'll be any reprints now, simply because of the lead times on products. Once it goes to print, there's the manufacturing and shipping queues, and any delay to that process means likely missing the October cutoff (which would be very tight to hit anyway) and any stock not sold at that point is money lost.

Are you US based? I can have a mooch for Old Hollywood for you in the UK, if you're ok with having it shipped from here.

1 minute ago, CommissarFeesh said:

It's VERY unlikely there'll be any reprints now, simply because of the lead times on products. Once it goes to print, there's the manufacturing and shipping queues, and any delay to that process means likely missing the October cutoff (which would be very tight to hit anyway) and any stock not sold at that point is money lost.

Are you US based? I can have a mooch for Old Hollywood for you in the UK, if you're ok with having it shipped from here.

In fact I am (OK with it...and also US based), Der Commissar.

6 hours ago, Duciris said:

Go to Paizo.com . They have most of the data packs & deluxes before Kitara (random ones are missing) and they have the System Breach playmat. That playmat (oddly) is the only product they carry for Netrunner that is overpriced ($43.31 USD). It's where I just got mine.

As a side note, if anyone knows where I can get a copy of SanSan's Old Hollywood, please hit me up. It's the one pack I can't find. (For less than 90$ and from Germany. (No offense to Germany, several of my products are coming from across different oceans, that's just where this one is and I'm trying to find it within double its MSRP.))

Amazing, thank you! I've placed an order with them hopefully they have those in stock still.

I've found another shop in Dublin but it turned out they had a bug on the site that was displaying incorrect stock values...

16 hours ago, Grimwalker said:

whether or not they can reuse any art assets from Netrunner for other Android universe products may come down to specific clauses in the license agreement. I’d bet money they can’t reuse card titles like the current “Hadrian’s Wall” or “Victor 1.0” playmats.

They already have used names and art work from the card game in those board games and those boards games will still be sold after Oct. So we know this speculation is not true. Patents on game mechanics, if any, have run out so all they have to that license is a few names. So something specifically from the old game like Hostile Takeover we may not see again. Some of the stuff like Overmind or Parasite in the Mainframe game or Jackson Howard in New Angeles belongs to FFG.

The problem with the Netrunner playmats is they have the name "Netrunner" on them. That is something FFG can't use. A reissue of the playmats with just Android on them - fair game. Although we won't see playmats for some time and they will have the new card game name on them, whatever that will be.

7 hours ago, Mep said:

They already have used names and art work from the card game in those board games and those boards games will still be sold after Oct. So we know this speculation is not true.

What they reused in games like Mainframe and New Angeles was assigned when the license agreement was in good standing. I’m actually concerned for whether those can still be reprinted (though I think Mainframe is already OOP.)

Your ignorant certitude regarding intellectual property concerns continues not to disappoint. Dunning and Krueger would like a word.

The only products being discontinued are Android: Netrunner card game, playmats and card sleeves. This is what FFG has said. The other Android stuff will still continue to be offered and hence not covered by the license. That is the information we have as given by FFG. Clearly that license doesn't cover nearly as much as some people think. We actually don't know what all it does cover but we can at least figure out what it does not and cannot cover. It most certainly doesn't cover enough to shut down all of Android, so we can put those delusions to rest.

Android and Android Mainfraime are still scheduled for reprint according to the upcoming products section.