is this game dead?

By totalawedude, in Star Wars: Rebellion

from what i can tell both this game and its expansion are out of print for good.

does ffg have any plans to reprint it or is the game no longer supported at all?

If you’re making the assumption that the game is out of print based on its availability through FFG’s website... don’t make that assumption. Reportedly, FFG cannot sell Star Wars boardgames via their website due to licensing conflicts with Hasbro, hence why the site always lists the game as Not Available (Imperial Assault products are also affected). Rebellion and its expansion appear to be readily available through both Amazon and CoolStuffInc for less than MSRP.

As long as i have it on my shelf, it wont be dead to me!

No.

I played it just yesterday - with expansion. (I lost, but had a good time.)

But to the real intent of the question: I dunno: is it still available in game stores? It strikes me that they'll print more once stores order more, which they'll do if they experience a demand for the game. I guess you can only really answer your question by polling game stores, understanding that there may be locality issues (Rebellion being played in some areas, but not others).

This game will never be dead, to me.

I don't think you should look at this game as other games where they get expansions constantly ( like X-Wing and Armada once upon a time)

It is a good solid fun game and a great expansion pack that arrived at the right time. Perhaps in the future there may be additions but I will play with it as long as the board lasts.

....if only some new content...would be fun!...

No I still absolutely love it.

Not to me. Played three games this weekend but it would be nice if FFG gave us an update on the game in some form or fashion such as the rebel/empire game wins splits like FFG did after they released the base game. There hasn't been any news in slightly more than a year.

I don't think it is fair to call a board game "dead" unless it is entirely out of print. Especially since there isn't a "competitive scene" that needs updates to keep the game from getting stale, unlike miniature wargames or TCG/LCGs.

Its not out of print. I just saw it in a store.

...yes...it is still in the local game shop....there is life!...