Ankaur Maro - what to equip

By Church14, in Runewars Tactics

OOk. So, what are you guys putting on Ankaur?

2 Uniques, 8 (soon-ish to be 9) artifacts available. So 27 combinations (going to 30) including nine as an option.

It seems like only 2 have floated to the top

Violent Forces (VF) / none: Ankaur gets a 4-12 Damage ranged attack and more limited tray generation.

VF / Fortuna’s Dice (FD): Ankaur gets a 4-12 Damage ranged attack and more limited tray generation. Though now you get to guarantee at least 8 damage for a shot.

So so what else are people bringing? It seems like most heroes have 2 really top tier builds but a few other common ones. Ankaur seems to not have any others. What are players running that I’m not hearing about?

I made this thread thinking about how to make Regenerative Magic (RM) a thing. Reducing the surge cost makes his health regen more feasible, but attacking prevents you from causing yourself wounds to add trays. So that makes me think that RM is for surge effect adding artifacts. Unfortunately, that leaves just Duskblade

So, Regenerative Magic and Duskblade? Can this be a thing. I will be trying this out fairly soon

I've run regenerative magic with Fortuna's dice with some success. When out works I get to spend 2-3 rounds raising then get of one good ranged attack where I can nearly guarantee full health with Fortuna's. Then I shoot when there are red runes and raise when there aren't.

When it doesn't work the runes don't go my way and I end up with no reds and one life left. Those are sad moments...

22 minutes ago, Church14 said:

So, Regenerative Magic and Duskblade? Can this be a thing. I will be trying this out fairly soon

I was just thinking about this this very morning. It turns him into a melee attacker, rather than ranged because you can't rely on the unstable runes. But you don't mind being in close range because you have the Duskblade. What I can't figure out is whether it's better to dial in the surge or the double hit. Because he has no rerolls, I think I'd dial in the double hit every time and just hope for surges. And then when he's no longer engaged he can look for opportunities to shoot at range just to heal himself after his little tussle.

I don't know, I think it's a build that could be surprisingly good, but more often it will just fail spectacularly. I always ask myself, "But wouldn't I rather Ankaur be Brutal 1?"

I endorse this thread, but I think we are going to need the release of either an elite infantry (to be necroed) or a new artfiact with "passive" healing (looking at you Vorun'thul expansion) to get this immensly cool guy of the ground.

I'd like some heavy dwarves (with a white defence modifier and protection against banes) and something like this:

OfTQvEt.jpg.ec8c3abb84cec3376b262301737be027.jpg

Edited by Maktorius

ive recently tested out build with violent forces and heartseeker and it made wonders. When i was playing him i couldnt placehum at proper spot without getting shot and this artefact deals beautifully with that issue. You just stand behind skeletond and regenerate them when have runes, and then you fire over them for either damage or heal without exposing yourself. I could see this one work with regenerative magic also :D

That 3rd party card is bonkers good.

Allows me to ignore the first wound he takes and gives rune tech? Move over Fortuna's Dice!