6 months in now...

By Tvboy, in Legends of the Alliance

Do we think it's going to be another year before we get a new campaign? How long did it take for Descent to get it's 2nd app campaign? Felt not that long if IIRC.

I figured once they got the base game built it wouldn't be that difficult to add new missions to it. Do you think they'll announce it with a significant wait time, or just drop it on us in an update and announce it the same day?

I was just thinking today was it even worth doing the app if it's going to be so long between releases. I was thinking maybe 3 months max. If the next campaign came out today be'd be lucky to have the 3rd this year. I love the app but I must say I am disappointed with the content release schedule.

I owned everything before the app was released but people who scooped everything up because they thought the could play lots of content solo and/or co-op must be very discouraged.

*fingers crossed*

I'm hoping that any delay is them working with the x-wing app to nail down good inventory management, squad building and other such features.

I never thought in a million years we would be sitting here 6 months later without an update.

Something must have happened somewhere to delay things, not saying it had to be something negative, but something must have put resources somewhere else that they needed and that caused a delay.

No way they planned to have such a gap, content drives sales.

There has to be an update before Lothal drops.

I will say though I much preferred the app and thought it felt more polished when it first released and was using core + wave 1 content only. I was excited with the fact I would get to re use all of my tiles/figures/items in stages and re live the awesomeness of each boss.

Having Palpatine show up in a random mission with no major effect is a huge let down. Wampa's in the desert, etc.. we've been through it already. Part of me hopes this delay is that they are trying to nail down the thematics of it. Use a bounty hunter as a random boss spawn in a mission, that actually makes thematic sense. Or maybe the empire sent 0-0-0 to fight us, but in a merc heavy mission having Captain Terro show up among E. Pigs and Nexu's just doesn't make sense to me.

The app was much less enjoyable because of this my second play through.

Edited by FrogTrigger

I may be a dreamer, but I hope the long wait is due to FFG catching up with their existing expansions such that when we get an announcement they will be releasing app campaigns for TS, RtH, BG, JR and HotE all together ... yeah I know I live in a "Walt Disney world" where birds and squirrels talk to me when I clean up the house and Mickey Mouse rules the Empire ... ;)

Im so happy that I rushed out and bought the base game and two expansions, excited that I would be able to play as a solo player. At this point I have lost all interest and moved on. I check the forums now and again to see if there is any updates but I don’t know that I will even purchase any new campaigns for the app. I feel ripped off.

13 minutes ago, Spacemutiny said:

Im so happy that I rushed out and bought the base game and two expansions, excited that I would be able to play as a solo player. At this point I have lost all interest and moved on. I check the forums now and again to see if there is any updates but I don’t know that I will even purchase any new campaigns for the app. I feel ripped off.

This is what I was afraid would happen.

Ya and FFG has nobody to blame but themselves, don't rush the app if it wasn't ready. Don't rush it if there wasn't enough content to support it.

They're just obsessed with X-Wing. No doubt the digital programmers that were working on LOTA have all been pulled to help get the X-Wing 2.0 app ready for launch.

If they had just gotten 1 or 2 expansion campaigns released, even just like 3 missions each, they would have probably made so much money on new IA purchases. But dat X-Wing money smells so fresh.

15 hours ago, Tvboy said:

They're just obsessed with X-Wing. No doubt the digital programmers that were working on LOTA have all been pulled to help get the X-Wing 2.0 app ready for launch.

If they had just gotten 1 or 2 expansion campaigns released, even just like 3 missions each, they would have probably made so much money on new IA purchases. But dat X-Wing money smells so fresh.

You have a very good point about the X-wing app taking away resources from IA ... sadly. After reading your comment, birds don't talk to me anymore. Back to reality I guess ;)

I must have missed this but X-Wing 2.0 has an app?

Yep. None of the new X-Wing cards have costs printed on them - instead all of that information is kept in an app. It lets them change the cards for balance reasons without having to release a billion different errata.

My youngest son and I played the app for the first time a few months ago and had a lot of fun (even if it had moments that seemed rather off as others mention: on our very first mission defending the evacuation on Yavin 4, Jabba the Hutt showed up to help the Imperial attack :D ). We are also sad that there has been no new content added, as we would love to play another campaign.

As many have said, the X-Wing 2.0 app is likely tying up a lot of resources.

39 minutes ago, Thevshi said:

My youngest son and I played the app for the first time a few months ago and had a lot of fun (even if it had moments that seemed rather off as others mention: on our very first mission defending the evacuation on Yavin 4, Jabba the Hutt showed up to help the Imperial attack :D ). We are also sad that there has been no new content added, as we would love to play another campaign.

As many have said, the X-Wing 2.0 app is likely tying up a lot of resources.

You, know I just fired up the Yavin mission again the other night and I got Jabba again for a 2nd time in that mission since the update. And I purposefully disabled the Jabba villain pack this time (but not Jabba's Realm). I honestly think it's a bug that's making him appear every time.

14 hours ago, Tvboy said:

You, know I just fired up the Yavin mission again the other night and I got Jabba again for a 2nd time in that mission since the update. And I purposefully disabled the Jabba villain pack this time (but not Jabba's Realm). I honestly think it's a bug that's making him appear every time.

Disabling the Jabba villain pack would not prevent him from showing up in the app as his deployment card and token comes in the Jabba's Realm expansion and therefore the app counts it as you owning Jabba even if you don't own the miniature that comes in the villain pack. This goes for all the other characters that only come with tokens and deployment cards in the other boxed expansions that you might own (Like Boba, Leia, Lando, etc.)

20 hours ago, ManateeX said:

Yep. None of the new X-Wing cards have costs printed on them - instead all of that information is kept in an app. It lets them change the cards for balance reasons without having to release a billion different errata.

Wow that is... actually a really good idea. Imagine if they were able to just say "OK, Fenn is 5 cost now."

I am guessing we can expect the same with IA 2.0 down the road.

On 6/4/2018 at 1:33 PM, The Cocky Rooster said:

I owned everything before the app was released but people who scooped everything up because they thought the could play lots of content solo and/or co-op must be very discouraged.

*fingers crossed*

That's me, I am beyond discouraged at this point. Getting pissed. If I don't see some hope of new content in the very near future I will be selling my entire collection of this game.

There doesn't appear to be any links or downloads relevant to the app on the main page any more?

I don't think I have ever seen the app links on the main page, only the empty header. The links are in the article.

https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/12/1/a-new-legend-begins/

(GenCon and thus FFG's In Flight Report is in a month, and X-Wing 2.0 out of the way, so we have some hope to hear what's going on with IA.)

(Edit: hopefully the links to the apps for the different platforms will appear under the Legends of the Alliance header in the near future.)

Edited by a1bert

If X-Wing is what's holding this up, then I guess we probably won't be getting new content until November?

Does FFG digital only have like 4 employees or something to share between all their games?