Malcorne’s Bequest and Confluence of Magic

By Brikhause, in Runewars Rules Questions

83 Timing

83.8 An “after” event occurs immediately after the specified event and cannot occur again for that instance of the event.

31 End Phase

During the End Phase, the first player casts all the tokens in the energy pool, then increases the round counter by one and passes it to the other player; that player is now the first player. The number on the round counter indicates the round number for the next round.

Confluence of Magic

Do not recast the energy tokens during the End Phase.

Malcorne’s Bequest

After energy tokens are cast during setup and the End Phase, you may recast 1 energy token with active or inactive {unstable energy} runes. Then, you may exhaust this card to recast 1 energy token.

So if the event that triggers the use of malcornes bequest doesn’t happen due to a game effect like confluence of magic, does Malcorne’s Bequest still trigger in the end phase of each round?

tagging @Vergilius and @ares1618

Edited by Brikhause

I said dont trigger.

A clarification or errata is needed, because it doesn't look to me like they foresaw precisely how these might interact.

1 hour ago, Vergilius said:

A clarification or errata is needed, because it doesn't look to me like they foresaw precisely how these might interact.

I agree but right now according to RAW I can’t say that the artifact works for more than once in the entire scenario.

Seems clear that it doesn’t. The trigger for Malcorne’s beauest only hallens once (start of game). The between rounds trigger doesn’t since no energy tokens get recast. End of story to me.

We ran into this with Booodfire Witch. Same issue.

Though I will concede that I may have missed some subtlety here

1 hour ago, Brikhause said:

I agree but right now according to RAW I can’t say that the artifact works for more than once in the entire scenario.

Yeah, I'm willing to go with RAW, no. That's a fine way to play it in the interim.