Player elimination in middle of a conflict

By Aztarun, in L5R LCG: Multiplayer Beta Discussion

What happens if a defense player is dishonored in the middle of a conflict? The conflict still resolves normally?
I know the cards from the eliminated player are removed immediately, but what about the contested ring, it can still be claimed?

Interesting question. Rather than answer it (as I do not know), I shall follow on its heels with another: What happens to her unclaimed ring pool? If, although rather unlikely, she has all of a given element, what ramifications are placed on the rest of the game? What of her other claimed rings? If I have one of her Fire rings in my claimed pool, I hope I may continue to retain it. If, somehow, I have one of her rings in my unclaimed pool - perchance with fate on it - do I continue to retain that ring?

Edited by Duciris
1 hour ago, Duciris said:

Interesting question. Rather than answer it (as I do not know), I shall follow on its heels with another: What happens to her unclaimed ring pool? If, although rather unlikely, she has all of a given element, what ramifications are placed on the rest of the game? What of her other claimed rings? If I have one of her Fire rings in my claimed pool, I hope I may continue to retain it. If, somehow, I have one of her rings in my unclaimed pool - perchance with fate on it - do I continue to retain that ring?

They go to a common unclamaied ring pool

" Player Elimination

If a player has their stronghold broken, or has no honor in their honor pool, they are eliminated from the game. Any ring tokens an eliminated player had claimed on their provinces, or that are in the eliminated player’s personal unclaimed ring pool, are then placed in a common unclaimed ring pool that any remaining player can use."