Triple Waiqar Death Knight List

By Church14, in Runewars List Building

3X 6 Tray Death Knights

-1 with Shield of Margath and Column Tactics

-1 with Duskblade and Combat Ingenuity

-1 with Dispatch Runner and Column Tactics

I’ve felt like Death Knights have been carrying my Waiqar and thought “why not triple down on this?” Would a three dial list like this work? Capable of 4 attacks in a turn when it matters but not able to sustain it.

Would you change the upgrades?

I've not had any luck running the Duskblade CI combo on DKs. They either end up engaged with a 1 armor unit or never roll surges. I am a fan of obcasiums or reaping blades on them. I feel like that might be better and cheaper points wise.

Also think that a three unit list will get out objectived (word?) and out flanked. It might be good to drop the dispatch runner unit to 4 trays and trade duskblade for Obcasiums and get in a few lancers to protect the flanks and maybe get off a blight or two early.

But ****, give it a try and let us know how it goes!

Side note: While playing with this, I noticed that Tabletop Admiral does not let you add more than eight trays of death knights (total between units)... bug?

Edited by QuickWhit

I really like this idea. I am not sold on Column Tactics because it stops working as soon as you lose 2 trays. Hopefully, you get some good damage in early, so it might be worth it. I would consider dropping both Column Tactics, and giving Raven Tabards to all three units to be able to ensure that they charge first in most instances.