"Prepare" an action?

By dylansargent, in Rules Questions

With my players, we are not using Genesys initiative mechanics but more DD5E initiative.

so, often, they think and act with a prepared action.

Edited by KelYco
50 minutes ago, KelYco said:

With my players, we are not using Genesys initiative mechanics but more DD5E initiative.

so, often, they think and act with a prepared action.

Well as long as everyone is happy 😀 but you are making a significant advantage for someone to delay their action for an upgrade with the only cost being a manuever.

Do you find your players are doing this alot?

No, the player who delay his action suffers an Upgrade difficulty for his check.

The sniper who waits must upgrade his difficulty by one and if he needs to move after, it costs 2 strain too.

Edited by KelYco

Ahh ok misread that part. But again this only works if your group uses that form of initiativ. For regular Genesys initiative delay just does not make sense 😀

yes. you are right.

I don t get it very well the Genesys initiative system and it takes a long time to spend in case of many PC and NPC ... that is why i adopted an other initiative system.

How to you deal with Genesys Initiative system for prepared action ? You just take the slot before the NPC ?

7 hours ago, KelYco said:

How to you deal with Genesys Initiative system for prepared action ? You just take the slot before the NPC ?

Yes. The Players decided from round to round Who goes when as long as No one acts twice in a round.

But its still not perfect but faster and more smooth. The Thing you wont have is a condition trigger like when x happen i act. But use the narrative to make that happen

ok thank you.