Some rules questions

By TheVillageIdiot, in Star Wars: Rebellion

After tonight's game we have some rules questions.

1. The Rebel Golan Turret removes two red dice. Is this before or after the limit of 5 dice. For example, we had three ISD's in battle. Do we roll 4 dice (6 red - 2) or only three (6 reduced to max 5 - 2)?
  2. If there are two Golan turrets in a system, do they combine the effect (- 4 red dice)?
  3. In a battle, what is the sequencing of retreat? Attacker first, or defender first?
  4. And when retreating, regardless of the answer on the previous question: can both sides retreat?
  5. When using the mission 'We're the bait', who is the attacker?
  6. What happens if the rebels plays the Rapid mobilization mission and there are no free planets?
  7. With the Popular support objective, do loyal but subjugated systems count for the requirement?
  8. And finally, when using the new combat cards: when playing you roll last-card. IS this only for the next round or for the complete (space or ground) battle?

Thanks for you replies!

Hi.
I leave you the answers (I edited my answer as at first for questions 1 and 2 I thought you meant the Golan Turrent advanced tactic card, but I think you mean the Ion Cannon's abbility):

1. The rule says: "If an ability reduces the number of dice rolled, this reduction applies before the limit of five dice is applied."
2. Yes they combine the effect, so if you have 2 ion cannons it would be -4 red dice.
3. The rule says: "Retreat: Starting with the current player, each player has an option to retreat.". The current player is the one making the move, so it's the one that is attacking.
4. Yes, as the rule says, each player has an option to retreat, but for the defender is only if the attacker left at least 1 unit after retreating. This is the rule: "A player cannot retreat if his opponent does not have any units in the system."
5. The attacker is the player resolving the card (the current player)
6. The probe cards are shuffled and returned and the Rebel Base doesn't move
7. Yes, that card checks only for loyalty, it doesn't matter if it's subjugated, it's still have rebel loyalty. Here's the rule: "A subjugation marker in a system does not define the system’s loyalty. Its loyalty is either neutral or Rebel (if a Rebel loyalty marker is in the system)."
8. That is for that whole battle, since the round you play that card until the end of that battle.

Edited by Lemmiwinks86
15 hours ago, TheVillageIdiot said:
  • And when retreatin  g, regardless of  the answer on the previous question: can both sides retreat?

Sort of. If the attacker retreats, and removes all his space and ground units, the defender cannot retreat. There must be at least one unit (ground or space, doesn't matter which) to retreat from.

If the attacker retreats, but leaves behind any TIEs or ground units, then the defender can retreat.

On 5/25/2018 at 10:17 AM, Patriarch said:

Sort of. If the attacker retreats, and removes all his space and ground units, the defender cannot retreat. There must be at least one unit (ground or space, doesn't matter which) to retreat from.

If the attacker retreats, but leaves behind any TIEs or ground units, then the defender can retreat.

You're right, I haven't clarified that for both players to retreat the attacked should have left at least 1 unit after retreating. I edited my answer to add that.
Thanks