Minstrel charmed animal use?

By talismanquestions, in Talisman Rules Questions

After the minstrel charms an animal, can they use that animal for an unlimited number of combats? Does it ever disappear on its own? What if a combat is lost?

The animal may be used for as many battles as you like. Until it dies.. Lucky for you, they do not die easily. Definitely not when you are defeated.

1 hour ago, Cru4n said:

The animal may be used for as many battles as you like. Until it dies.. Lucky for you, they do not die easily. Definitely not when you are defeated. 

No it's not lucky for me, or anyone else besides the one player who plays minstrel. How exactly do they die? Only by something like the Vampire Tower?

Edited by talismanquestions

That would be one possibility. There are simply too many cards/effects to cite them all.

Compare to sth. like the Ogre Chieftains ability: "Whenever you defeat a Monster in battle ,
you may dominate it and keep it as a Follower instead of a trophy .

The Monster adds its Strength to yours in battle , after which it departs to the discard pile.
You may use any number of dominated Monsters during a battle . "

5 minutes ago, Lorinor said:

The Monster adds its Strength to yours in battle , after which it departs to the discard pile.
You may use any number of dominated Monsters during a battle . " 

Wait, doesn't this contradict what Cru said though? I thought the minstrel could keep the charmed/dominated follower for an unlimited number of battles, but you're referencing that once a minstrel uses a charmed follower, regardless of if they win or lose, that they then discard that charmed/dominated follower?

I asked you to compare the ability of the Minstrel to the ability of the Ogre Chieftain : http://www.talismanwiki.com/Ogre_Chieftain
because it's a different usage of a similar ability.

Edited by Lorinor
37 minutes ago, Lorinor said:

I asked you t  o compare the ability of the Minstrel to the ability of the Ogre Chieftain : http://www.talismanwiki.com/Ogre_Chieftain
because it's a different usage  of a similar ability.

But the minstrel specifically says he can only use one charmed animal per battle, so there's no reason to trust that comparison when there's already a dramatic difference.