Spoiler: Frozen in Time

By marius8, in CoC General Discussion

Sorry to keep you all waiting for a bit, but last weeks article finally has seen the light , showing a new story card and a nice picture from Ancient Horrors.

Enjoy!

wow thats pretty neat, but is that only one domain? is so just play nexus before winning or losing this story.

Mehlicious.

I found the story combo suggestion expecially amusing, in a wrong way. Next we'll get uhmmmm what, 11 cards combos? Oh, right we aready get those with the football coach.

Credits for In whom the spheres met + opener even if it is a glorified chumpblocker.

Interesting effect, nice illo.

I can already hear a rules lawyer winding himself up...

"Each player must discard 2 cards from his deck for each resource attached to one of his domains, or destroy that resource."

So when you say 'one of his domains', is there a choice of which one of his domains? If so, who chooses which? Or does the card mean for every resource attached to any of his domains?

I read it as any card attached to any one of his domains > all his resources. But as written, it IS a little bit ambiguous. The fact that it doesn't say who chooses makes me believe this is the desired interpretation.

Chick

RobertIain said:

I can already hear a rules lawyer winding himself up...

"Each player must discard 2 cards from his deck for each resource attached to one of his domains, or destroy that resource."

So when you say 'one of his domains', is there a choice of which one of his domains? If so, who chooses which? Or does the card mean for every resource attached to any of his domains?

Wow, so it not just me not getting it due to the language barrier!

Anyway, if I were to choose on the spot I'd say the story means "each resource attached to his domains", because, if one chooses the other solution, a bigger question opens: "Who chooses which domain?".

Another poor wording on a card brought you by Nate & co. Way to go!

hahahaha the card isnt even released yet and we need a clarifaction.

I like the artwork and the effect is interesting but if it's to be worthwhile

it seems the Story Card winner should choose the domains for each player.

Unfortunately I have a feeling the weaker interpretation is more likely.

Carioz said:

Just Nate. As it turns out, & Co. (the play testers) made a note to reword the card so it said "Each player chooses a domain and discards all resources on that domain..." to clairify what is targeted & who picks. serio.gif

Marius's article makes it sound like Yog-In whom the Spheres Meet made the cut, so they did listen a little. Here's hoping it's more than that.

Donald

I don't get it either.

Player picks option one or two - destroying a resource or discarding from his deck.

Option one: Player chooses a domain. He discards double the amount of resources he has there. If he wants to discard less, he chooses the domain with the least resources. If he has zero resources there, he discards nothing.

Option two: he chooses any one resource to destroy.

By "that resource," do they mean, "I choose THAT RESOURCE to destroy." What is that resource?

Language errors can happen to anybody, but it does crack me up to see these out of Nate since he's a big English guy.

Donald said:

Carioz said:

Just Nate. As it turns out, & Co. (the play testers) made a note to reword the card so it said "Each player chooses a domain and discards all resources on that domain..." to clairify what is targeted & who picks. serio.gif

I am sorry to have lumped the playtesters with Nate on the poor poor wording of this card. As it turns out, it's Nate fault (On a side note, I wonder why playtesters were used if their -more than legitimate in this case- notes were completely ignored).

I usually give the benefit of the doubt though, and it's not impossible Marius was given the early version of the card image to use in his article, but the 'finished' version reflects what the testers said... just have to wait and see.

Carioz said:

I am sorry to have lumped the playtesters .....

No problem gui%C3%B1o.gif . I'm hoping the correction to this story's wording got lost in the shuffle and our other corrections make the cut. Otherwise, you'll be "attacking stories" and "killing characters". sorpresa.gif