Purchasing Question

By RookiePilot, in Arkham Horror Second Edition

I’ve been playing Arkham Horror with a group of friends that meet up at our FLGS every other week. The game is beating up on us, but we’re getting better now thta we have more games under our belt. Up until now, the player who got us to try the game has been supplying everything we need to build decks and play. We’re starting to compete for some of the cards he only has two of, so I thought I’d buy in myself and help carry some of the load.

I just bought the core game, and quickly realized it only has one of the more unique cards I’ll probably want, so I’ll need a second copy. Does this hold true for the expansions as well, in that you only get a single copy of each card?

I’m also wanting to sleeve my cards differently so they are easily told apart. I believe that if I have two of every card, and more of the common ones, I should be able to provide at least two character decks if we plan a bit on which characters are made from which pools. Are there any problems with using non-clear backed sleeves? I know there seems to be some cards earned in the scenarios that may end up being part of a players deck, but I should have copies of those cards as well, and could sleeve them to match my player decks. Are there any other interactions that might cause problems?

Wrong forum, this is for the boardgame. But anyhoo the expansions for the card game comes with two copies. For your other question I cant't really give any advice.