Large Melee/Core set questions

By Tekore, in General Discussion

I currently only own one core set, and I'm looking forward to purchasing the new Intro Decks for casual melee play with my family. There's no rush, but I'm trying to figure out if I would need more than one core set should we manage to get into a melee with most/all of the factions. Also curious if there's a recommended way to partition out the title cards if we go above six players in a melee.

Thank you!

We don't know what is going to be included in the packs, so there's really no way to know how they'll interact with the Core set if you want to do some deck building. Realistically, you should be able to just buy the pack for the various factions and play that, though they almost certainly won't be designed for melee, so you may get some pretty random results.

As for going for more than 6 players, my suggestion is 'don't', as it's not really likely to be a productive experience.

You may need tokens From two cores to be sure that there Are enough of them. But one core could be enough if you use some subtitutes. If you allow deck building, so that players can modify their intro decks sometimes in the future. Then two cores is better because players can divide the neutrals more easily From two cores.

even better would be if every player would have one intro, one core and deluxe conserning the intro, but that would be expensive one. So one or two cores and intro should be fine.

On 5/16/2018 at 9:14 AM, Abyss said:

As for going for more than 6 players, my suggestion is 'don't', as it's not really likely to be a productive experience.

There is no suggested way to deal with having more players than titles. Also, the rulebook says AGoT is a game for 2 to 6 players. So I suggest splitting the players into multiple tables if you have more than 6 (4 players is the best table size).