SoB swimming

By tsarnicholas, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

How do characters knocked off the revenge, get back onto the ship? I didn't see a movement point cost.

The rules note a +1 movement cost to cross a railing, but if you are in the water, how much movement does it cost the get back onto the ship.

Also can characters in the water still attack as normal? (melee,rabge,magic)

tsarnicholas said:

How do characters knocked off the revenge, get back onto the ship? I didn't see a movement point cost.

The rules note a +1 movement cost to cross a railing, but if you are in the water, how much movement does it cost the get back onto the ship.

Also can characters in the water still attack as normal? (melee,rabge,magic)

1) They just move onto the ship normally, with +1 movement if there is a railing to cross.

2) 1 MP. 2 MP if you are crossing a railing.

3) Yes.

Thanks for the quick reply!

As counter-intuitive as it seems, deep water is really just like any normal space on the board except for moving into it (or staying in the same space for a full turn). Attacks, moving out of, etc, all act the same. You can even receive burn tokens while in water (think of it as the pain factor of burning, rather than actual flames I guess).

And again, as counter-intuitive as it seems, the boats are just spaces adjacent to other spaces. There is no movement penalty going on to a boat from anywhere else on the board (except, as has been mentioned, crossing rails).

-shnar