I made a Rune Casting/Dice Box for Runewars

By QuickWhit, in Runewars Painting and Modeling

My group tends to not use the full board during games. Often after terrain, objectives, and deployment, it becomes very clear that part of the board is just not going to get used. This often becomes our area for rolling dice/tossing runes/keeping spare tokens. Wanting more scenic and less cluttered board, I made this. Looking for feedback/ideas for more stuff like this that will improve the look of the board but also be functional.

VcUdRU5.jpg 7nFgp9Y.jpg

Very nice, great idea

The more I look at this, the more I like it! I have all these plans for terrain, but I am still painting figures. This goes above and beyond, and I love it.

As far as critique, I usually have the rune tokens in a line off one side of the board, with the dial on the first player's side of the rune tokens. That way, an observer can see at a glance what round it is, who first player is, and what the active runes are. Yours looks great, but if I made one, I'd have the pillars in a line on the back edge, and a place on either side of the dice tray section for the round dial to be placed.

But that's just a minor thing. I'd love to play a game with your scenic runic dice tray!

What a brilliant idea, QuickWhit!