SoB Encounters Revenge and Monsters

By Blasto, in Descent: Journeys in the Dark

Hello,

I read the FAQ on Sea of Blood and it states that monsters cannot actavite the revenge on Island levels. The FAQ also states you can not spawn on the Revenge during Island levels. For Encounters is this the same? Well, spawning you still can't as the monsters come on from the board edge. But I'm thinking that I can have the monsters board the heros ships and stier it of the game map.

In the FAQ FFG stated Island levels. I agree with this, having the Overlord being able to kick the heros out of the dungeon is a little to powerful.

I think FFG would have stated "Monsters cannot activate the Revenge" if they also ment the encounters.

Yes, monsters can man the Revenge's stations during encounters if they can board the ship. You can really mess with them that way ;)

Be aware that it still takes 3 movement, just like manning their own ship's stations, and you follow all the same rules.

Also... monsters don't come in off the edges of the map unless they have swim or fly... normally they spawn from the Cargo Hold of the monster's ship.

The big thing here is that there is a HUGE difference between an ISLAND LEVEL (which is a special level of all Island Dungeons) and an encounter.

The above FAQ had to be put into place for Island levels since spawning on the island level is more difficult for the OL, so crafty OL's would spawn on The Revenge and then think; "Hey, while I am here, might as well wreck this *****!".

Personally, i wish they would have FAQ'ed the island level's spawning just like reinforcements during an island encounter, but only on the board edge with the island on it.

Long story short: The Revenge is out of bounds on an Island Level, but fair game during an encounter.