Flight Suit

By Ahrimon, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion RPG

So, the rebel and tie pilot adversaries list a "flight suit" in their equipment but I can't find it anywhere else in the books. I know what a flight suit is, but outside of just a pair of space pajamas are there any effects to wearing them? Does it function as a space suit, etc?

It's probably just a Soak 1 set of armor, but there are some in the books with other effects:

A/KT Shockrider Crash Suit (Enter the Unknown/Stay on Target)

A/KT Wing Commander Armored Flight Suit (Stay on Target)

TX-3 Combat Flight Suit (Suns of Fortune)

G-Suit (Endless Vigil)

Well, if the adversaries stats are anything to go off of, it doesn't provide any soak.

You could call it a basic space suit, assuming the rebel pilots get some kind mask or magnetic containment field.

This got asked of Sam Stewart and Jason Marker on the Order 66 podcast discussing Stay on Target (I remember because I asked this specific question after doing playtesting for that book), about why there were no stats for a basic flight suit like what the Rebels wear in the films.

Short version of the answer was that in Jason Marker's mind (who wrote the equipment chapter) that said flight suit was simply "for show" and had zero in-game effects, making it about the same as wearing a long-sleeve shirt and jeans into a space battle. So no benefit against the effects of vacuum or exposure to space, and no bonus to soak.

I don't agree with the official answer, so I instead wrote-up a quick set of stats for a basic flight suit, which are Soak 1, Encumbrance 3, Rarity 2, no hard points, and allow the wearer to ignore the effects of vacuum and suffocation for 5 minutes, with a cost of 150 credits.

I like that DM.

I've noticed that space suits are suspiciously absent or vaguely defined in FFG's SW. The only two real suits we have are in the equipment chapter. All of the armor options are either undefined or cost 5x the price of a regular suit but are limited to about 10 minutes (vacuum sealed).

I may try to make something with some handwavium and pleasegmium. :D

5 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

I like that DM.

I've noticed that space suits are suspiciously absent or vaguely defined in FFG's SW. The only two real suits we have are in the equipment chapter. All of the armor options are either undefined or cost 5x the price of a regular suit but are limited to about 10 minutes (vacuum sealed).

The vacuum seals plus the amphibious attachment for several hours of air makes for a good spacesuit

8 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

I like that DM.

I so read that in the voice of Penfold...,